Hey Geeks,

When you're starting your business, you want to be very effective with your time and effort.

It's a very basic reason: If you spend your time/effort without getting results, it's going to be difficult for you to build momentum and traction to keep pushing forward.

Let me tell you a quick story that took place last week.

I was on the 2nd floor at my local college library. There was this guy walking table to table handing each individual a flyer.

I figured it was an organization promotion, considering within 30 minutes I was handed 2 other flyers. But it wasn’t for an organization, it was for his fitness coaching.

He went through 3 floors giving each person a flyer. The flyers were actually good quality. Colorful, great photoshop, etc..

Within those 3 floors, he probably handed out about ~200 flyers… All within ~15 minutes.

When he would give the flyer to someone, he would place it on their backpack/desk and then continue to the next one. Not much personal engagement or anything like that. Just a “Hey, here you go, check it out.”

This is what a lot of detailers do when they’re starting off. You want to make business cards/flyers and go somewhere like the mall and start handing them out like crazy.

You need to wrap this around your head: “Just because there’s a lot of people somewhere, does not mean a lot of those people care about your services.”

If I wanted to get more paint coating jobs, would it be a good idea for me to sponsor a teacher conference with over 400 teachers? NO, not at all.

But if I sponsored a local Subaru STI models only event, I would probably land a lot more gigs for paint coatings.

So when you want to go out and get customers, make sure you go where people want your services not where there's a lot of people in general.

There's a few more tidbits I left out in this post for the sake of keeping it short. If you want to see the rest, click on my signature