autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polisher help or recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
    I've said this before - the only people recommending a 3401 over a Rupes 21, are those who have not used a Rupes properly.
    Not sure if that directed at me or not but for one I said the 3401 over the LHR15. Secondly my problem with Rupes is I am not satisfied with their quality. I got mine at the end of March- done maybe 30 details with it and it's DEAD. My Flex I've had for over a yr and a half, done MANY details with it and it's as good as ever. Technique has nothing to do with it- it's shoddy craftsmanship IMO.

Not only that as I also stated before the forced rotation of the Flex gives it an huge advantage over other DA's including the Rupes. AND it's less expensive than the LHR15 or the 21.... You can keep your Rupes. I'm sticking with Flex
    Retired Marine - Full time Detailer.

https://www.facebook.com/ExtremeReflections1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1USMC View Post
    Not sure if that directed at me or not but for one I said the 3401 over the LHR15. Secondly my problem with Rupes is I am not satisfied with their quality. I got mine at the end of March- done maybe 30 details with it and it's DEAD. My Flex I've had for over a yr and a half, done MANY details with it and it's as good as ever. Technique has nothing to do with it- it's shoddy craftsmanship IMO.

Not only that as I also stated before the forced rotation of the Flex gives it an huge advantage over other DA's including the Rupes. AND it's less expensive than the LHR15 or the 21.... You can keep your Rupes. I'm sticking with Flex
    I have seen several people say they would not give up their flex to keep their rupes. I have not used one yet and would like too. I have had no durability issues at all with my flex. I am a believer in flex. Rupes will have to prove itself in my eyes. For the time being I still think the flex is the machine to beat and still see important people recommending it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1USMC View Post

agreed, their QC isn't as good as the flex imo. both will do the job, it's just a matter of preference and no one can tell anyone what they like and can use...

Post Thanks / Like

BrandonS and Mach1USMC I am in your camp.

Hoo ahh!

Semper fi!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1 Mark View Post
    Flex 3401 and a GG 6"

but use 5.5 pads on the GG with the appropriate bp. I've got both and find that I use the GG more. Easier to control, lighter and great results. Gettin' to old to fight the Flex.

I'd also get a HF polisher as a backup. Broken machine, lost$.

Post Thanks / Like

Being a start up business I would go with the GG6 and get a 3" and 5" backing plate and appropriate pads. IMO you want to keep your start up costs as low as possible. If business starts to pick up and it becomes important for you to save time on your jobs to get onto the next one and your turning a profit then buy the Flex and use the GG with the 3" plate and pads. Just my opinion...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123