autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Need some expert advice please !!!

Hi autogeeks ...

I have been deatailing for 3 years on and off ( as a full time job for multiple dealers ) now I plan on starting a side moblie detailing business . There's a few things I wanted to ask about :

1: I plan on going waterless Whats the best method you recomemand for both summer and harsh Canadian winters ? Should I consider rinsless or waterless ?

2 I plan using a steamer to rinse off heavily soiled cars and interiors I've been looking at the vc4000c and the dupery hill injection , the dupery is about 1000$ more then the vc4000c I've read a lot of reviews on the dupery but non on the vc4000c anyone use it ? Was going to go with a optima but I don't need something that big yet ...

Don't mean to ask so much on my first post but I've been reading these forums for the past week and you guys seem very helpful so I figured I'd give it a shot .. hope to hear from you guys soon ..

Thanks ..

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need some expert advice please !!!

I would recommend the rinsless wash for both the summer and winter months. That is the method I use with all my mobile detailing if a hose is not readily available. During the winter fill up a couple buckets with warm water from the sink and put a cap on it when traveling, helps the hands a lot. Rinsless takes care of all the road salt no problem.

For a steamer I use the vx5000, takes care of all my interior problems and engine details nicely. I wouldn't use it to take car of heavily soiled vehicles though, not enough lubricity and create scratches. The traditional washing method is best in regards to a very dirty car.

Best of luck in your ventures!
    www.carlsautodetail.com
    Long Island Mobile Detailing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice c.a.d ... The vx500 I 've read lots about but I was looking at the vc4000c it has hot water injection so I was thinking of using it more like a rinse then following with a waterless wash and wax .. What do you think about using that method ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kw8can View Post
    Thanks for the advice c.a.d ... The vx500 I 've read lots about but I was looking at the vc4000c it has hot water injection so I was thinking of using it more like a rinse then following with a waterless wash and wax .. What do you think about using that method ?

The VX5000 has hot water injection as well.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Now, I've been to Canada, and in many ways it's a lot like the midwest in terms of winter -- only worse!

There's not just salt buildup on automobiles, but there's tons of salt buildup as well as dirt/gravel mixture and an incredible amount of undercarriage wet and dry dirt that builds up...not to mention those ice stalactites that form between the wheel and the quarter panels.

You might want to consider a pressure washer in those cases with a drum of water to blast off the really thick areas. I say this only because I've done rinseless washes in the winter, and most of the time they work fine, but on more than one occasion, I've had to take my car to a touchless wash to get off the thicker stuff.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat