autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Returning Customers

What are some tried/true methods for getting customers to keep coming back?

We hang thank-you window tags on the rearview mirror, and I'm thinking of putting a small note that says something like, "We recommend a full service detail for your vehicle every six months."

Other than that, I can't think of too many strategies. Any help would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Returning Customers

I worked as a sales rep for some time (Not Detailing full time). We offered single visits for service or a yearly program. Some wanted just one visit to test our service, some did a once a quarter visit, and some took the full year.

Do you have maintenance packages available?

If no I would start there. Also make different packages for different budgets.

You might want to look into doing a monthly billing for all packages and divide the package cost by 12. Say customer wants the whole enchilada every Six months, but they do not want to drop the $$$ each time. Set a prepay plan where they pay a certain amount each month and at set times you perform the services they are set for.

You get a monthly income to keep supplies stocked and the customer doesn't come out of pocket all at once. They are less likely to go to a competitor, they have a vested interest with you.
    Detailing is a way of life, not a hobby!

Post Thanks / Like

Most my customers come back ever 4-6 months to get sealant applied and interior cleaning. My customers who get paint correction come back every few weeks to get a maintenance detail.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, being mobile is the key, added to my simple attitude that there is no such thing as "no". My business has been almost entirely mobile (with the exception of 2 customers who insist on dropping their vehicles with me) and there are VERY few mobile guys in my area. When a customer asks if I have time to do a second car or if I can add a service that wasn't originally planned, I try very hard to get it done. Top of the list though is ALWAYS do the best job that you can. Quality work will keep them coming back.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I put out one advertisement one time on a list serve. That was it. Call backs are unsolicited. The work was good enough to have them want me back. I had to turn people away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    I put out one advertisement one time on a list serve. That was it. Call backs are unsolicited. The work was good enough to have them want me back. I had to turn people away.
    Never heard of this before. Care to elaborate please?
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cities have neighborhood groups with list servs to update the neighbors with news, crime, events, etc. I found one extremely wealthy listserv, posted a small ad, it led to a couple jobs. I am very particular and I did a good job, conducted myself like a professional, was objective and honest.

I spent 20 bucks on a website, business cards and magnets. That led to dozens of jobs. Don't sell yourself, it looks desperate. Let them come to you by telling their friends and family. People like a hard worker who they trust. Use the initial jobs to prove yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Send a text asking for their repeat business...People will do amazing things when asked a text is intrusive when you havent worked with them at all... not when they are your clients.