autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Just need some input on my pricing/packages

I know pricing is very subjective to location, but I just wanted to get some opinions on my packages and pricing. I am starting this as a little side business for now and not offering any major paint correction. Trying to keep the prices fairly low due to being unestablished and working out of my home (don't want to be mobile and would rather not pick customers vehicles up). I am using very good quality products though (Meguiars Detailer line, Surf City, 1Z, Poorboys, and Chemical Guys).

Basic Wash
    This detail is very basic and exterior ONLY. Intended for someone who just needs a quick job. Typically takes 1-3 hours depending on the vehicle size and condition.
    Standard size cars/small trucks - $35
    SUV's, Minivans, Large Trucks - $45
    1) Exterior hand wash with premium soap and hand dried
    2) Wheels and tires cleaned
    3) Tires dressed
    4) Door jams wiped
    5) Windows cleaned

Interior Only
    Just as the name implies, this package is for interior only. Typically takes 2-4 hours depending on the vehicle size and condition.
    Standard Size cars/small trucks - $45
    SUV's, Minivans, Large Trucks - $65
    1) Thorough vacuum of mats, seats, and floors
    2) Shampoo and spot removal on carpet/floor mats
    3) Thorough cleaning and conditioning on leather seats
    4) Thorough cleaning of interior cabin (dash, interior trim, door panels, vents, etc.)
    5) Apply UV protectant
    6) Clean headliner (if needed)
    7) Clean windows inside and outside
    8) Deoderize interior

Bronze Detail
    A light detail to maintain the aappearance and protection applied after a Silver detail, or on an already well taken care of car. Typically takes 2-4 hours depending on the size and condition of vehicle.
    Standard size cars/small trucks - $50
    SUV's, Minivans, Large Pickups - $75
    2) Polymer enhancer/spray wax applied
    3) Exterior & Interior glass cleaned
    4) Door Jambs wiped down
    5) Thorough wheel cleaning
    6) Tires and wheel wells cleaned and dressed
    7) Standard vacuum of mats/seats and floors
    8) Dust interior cabin (dash, interior trim, door panels, vents etc.)

Silver Detail
    A premium level detail service that will greatly enhance your cars appearance. Typically takes 6-8 hours depending on the size and condition of vehicle.
    Standard size cars/small trucks - $80
    SUV's, Minivans, Large Pickups - $100
    2) Deep paint decontamination
    3) One stage machine polish to correct light paint defects as well as clean & protect
    4) Exterior & Interior glass cleaned
    5) Door Jambs wiped down
    6) Thorough wheel cleaning
    7) Tires and wheel wells cleaned and dressed
    8) Standard vacuum of mats/seats and floors
    9) Standard wipe down of interior cabin

Gold Detail
    For those looking for a very thorough and complete detail. Typically takes 8-10 hours depending on the size and condition of vehicle.
    Standard size Car/small truck - $120
    SUV's, Minivans, Large trucks - $140
    1) Engine bay clean and dress
    2) Exterior hand wash with premium soap and hand dried
    3) Deep paint decontamination
    4) All in one polishing to correct light paint defects as well as clean & protect
    5) Gloss enhancer and sealant applied to finish
    6) Exterior & Interior glass cleaned
    7) Door Jambs wiped down
    8) Thorough wheel cleaning
    9) Tires and wheel wells cleaned and dressed
    10) Thorough vacuum of mats/seats and floors
    11) Shampoo and spot removal on carpet/floor mats
    12) Thorough cleaning of interior cabin (dash, interior trim, door panels, vents etc.)
    13) Thorough cleaning and conditioning on leather seats
    14) Clean headliner (if needed)
    15) Dress exterior trim
    16) Polish all chrome

**Headlight Restoration can be added to any detailing package for $30 per light. Typically adds 1-4 hours depending on sevarity of oxidation and number of lights needing to be addressed.

**Engine bay clean and dress can be added to any detailing package for $15 extra. Typically adds 30 minutes-1 hour.

**Sticker/pin stripe removal can be added to any detailing package for $5-$40 extra depending on the amount wanted removed. Can add 5 minutes to 2 hours to the work time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just need some input on my pricing/packages

You need to bring your prices up, seems like your hourly rate is $15 an hour. Which is even less when you consider the use of your own product, labor and wear and tear on equipment. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know where you are located, but for my area that pricing is just about spot on. Might want to leave out how long it will take at least until your established.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    You need to bring your prices up, seems like your hourly rate is $15 an hour. Which is even less when you consider the use of your own product, labor and wear and tear on equipment. Hope this helps!
    Agreed. If your gold detail for an SUV took 10 hours that would be $14 per hour. I would think $20 per hour would be the bare minimum for you to accept.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a pro, so I can only come at you from the perspective of a customer that lives in the Charlotte, NC market.

I think your starting prices are very good seeing as how you are just starting--although I'd take a look at your Silver/Gold detail packages. I think your pricing should be higher for those. Consider that you're adding paint decon and a machine polish (which is labor intensive). I'd start your Silver detail at (at least) $100 and up your Gold price relative to that.

Quick Question: I didn't see a separate protection step in your Silver Detail, is that a typo or is your machine polish an AIO?

Post Thanks / Like

I would add headliner cleaning as an add on and make sure you know how to clean them.

The headlight restoration would be need to be increased to $100 at least.

Engine cleaning I would do as an add on for $50

You need to rethink your cost per hour. 10 hours for only $140 you need to increase that price and all the prices for that matter.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed on increasing prices. Also, I would put the AIO polish in the silver detail and put the dedicated polish and separate sealant in the gold package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I've been posting up my prices recently and having AG members critique them and they've been telling me to raise mine... even STILL after I revised them and raised them a bit.

But I can definitely tell you, like most others in here have agreed on, to raise your prices bud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko Molina View Post
    I've been posting up my prices recently and having AG members critique them and they've been telling me to raise mine... even STILL after I revised them and raised them a bit.

But I can definitely tell you, like most others in here have agreed on, to raise your prices bud.

Niko, the problem is when some detailers work for pennies and others price jobs at the price point they think they merit, consumers tend to pick the cheaper option figuring a detail is a detail. Of course consideration has to be taken for geographic conditions and different demographics, but if there were a more solid baseline it would be easier for detailers to earn the money they deserve from the work they do. Most of us aren't doing production work and don't have huge volume shops so doing a "full detail" for 80 bucks just won't cut it for us.

Personally, I detail part time and I have a solid full time job that pays my bills. I get people all the time telling me that the other guys will do the job cheaper and want me to beat their price. If I had to detail to keep a roof over my head then I would end up in a price war with these guys just so I could get cars in the shop. I can't and won't compete with these types of shops for these types of clients. If the quality of their work was anywhere near that of mine it would be a different story. So I focus on the clients who know the value of higher caliber detailers why my prices are substantially more than the production shops.

So the reason people keep saying to raise your prices is because if you are going to do the higher quality work, the price you charge should reflect that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I think your pricing is very low. But I live in South Florida, which is a ridiculously expensive market. I also think if you are taking 1-3 hours to do a basic exterior wash only, you need to work on your technique. My personal car, which gets absolutely pampered, takes me 30 minutes max to wash (and this using a foam cannon and an electric blower for drying).

Everything else...well, if you can live on that, than so be it. We can't help you with price. A lot of things we don't know: your overhead, your cost of operation, your mortgage, your car payment, how much you need to survive. Don't price your work based on market. Consider it, but don't do it based solely on this. You need to analyze what your costs are and adjust accordingly.
    Showtime Auto Detailing & Mobile Detailing Trailers
    http://detailbyshowtime.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast