autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?

hello guys, ive been detailing on the side and using my regular car (04 honda accord) for a while and its been good. with my income tax return soon approaching i want to take it up a notch and get me a mobile unit. first, i wanted a ford transit.. seems very cheap on gas, and very roomy.. the only thing is that its pricey $10k and up..my starting up budget cant cover that. the other option i had thought about was a van. seems what everyone goes for, but im afraid of the gas mileage i can get. even with a v6 econoline. that lead me to my last choice. the hhr panel. i researched it, and it has good reviews, great on mpg..combine it gives you 30mpg my only concern is the space. so i got on craiglist and checked a couple of used ones that are on sale..and i schedule to see one today. i just came back from looking at it.. and im pretty sold on it. i took a measuring tape. and these are the dimension on the cargo area. roughly its 5'-5'' long by 4'-0' wide and 2'-9'' in height. i definetly see myself putting a 50 gallon water tank, generator, vacuum, reel hose, and make a small cabinet to hold the chemicals and towels. i found one for $4400, only down side is that its a rebuilt title..the owner showed me the pics of how it looked before..and it was a rear bumper damage, the main carriage frame didnt get hit or anything. i got down there and looked, he also agreed on going with me to the chevy dealer to do a diagnostic check on the car.. and it checked out ok. here are some pics of the vehicle im tempted on getting.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhrpanel3-jpg[/ATTACH]

[/ATTACH]

it's a 2008, has about 59k miles on it. test drove it and it runs great. my question is to you guys that own mobile units... will this be a good buy for a mobile business? hope to hear from you guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhrpanel-jpg   HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhrpanel2-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?

It looks food for amobile unit (especially if you get it wrapped). My only concern is will it hold the weight Of at least a 50 gallon water tank? If not you might needs small trailer to pull behind. Also will it be enough room for all your gear? Other than that looks good. Also don't worry too much about the salvaged tittle, when I found the truck I use for my business it was salvaged also and that thing has been great to me. No one would ever know it was in a wreck.
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo
    "Like" us Facebook.com/AlchemyAutoDetail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rolop6 View Post
    It looks food for amobile unit (especially if you get it wrapped). My only concern is will it hold the weight Of at least a 50 gallon water tank? If not you might needs small trailer to pull behind. Also will it be enough room for all your gear? Other than that looks good. Also don't worry too much about the salvaged tittle, when I found the truck I use for my business it was salvaged also and that thing has been great to me. No one would ever know it was in a wreck.
    Thanks for the reply my friend.. i did thought of the weight issue..im definetly beefing up the suspension shocks. What would u guys recommend ? The car has compartments in the cargo bed area..i can definetly use it to store towesl, bottles, my polishers and what not. God willing, ill have it in my driveway tomorrow. My dad lent me the rest of the $ i needed. If i get it tomorrow...im doing a full makeover to it, because the paint and interior has been neglected, ill post pics.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't get it.
    Even an Astro Van couldn't hold everything I needed.
    Get a full size van. You'll be happier when you have everything you need

Post Thanks / Like

Cant wait to see the outcome my friend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

well its official guys, i closed the deal. i have the title now. doing a full detail tomorrow on it. ill post pics. would really like for you guys to guide me thru this. i do feel it can work. ive seen low profile 50 gallon tanks, figured i can have it half way full.. im sure i can get more than 4-5 washes with 25 gallons. i can also look into small , compact generators, ive seen a ryobi one on homedepot.. kinda looks like a big pc tower.if everything is arrange correctly.. theres more than enough room to work with in my opinion. i will be selling my honda accord. sad to see it go. but i honestly cant afford paying 2 car insurances. thanks for all the input fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

a quick search on google images for : "hhr car wash wrap" lead me to this image:

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhrpanelwrap-jpg

thats the regular hhr.. if someone is doing it with a regular one im more than convinced that this lil project of mines can be accomplish.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!! Not sure how suspension is on this vehicle but that would be the firstthing I would look at ssince shocks are cheap. I would also keep good track of receipts and expenses for next years tax loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STPETEDALE View Post
    Nice!! Not sure how suspension is on this vehicle but that would be the firstthing I would look at ssince shocks are cheap. I would also keep good track of receipts and expenses for next years tax loss.
    i sure will this is what chevrolet lists for suspension for this vehicle.

Suspension
    MacPherson strut front suspension
    Torsion beam rear suspension
    Front independent suspension
    Front and rear stabilizer bar

Weights and Capacities
    MAXIMUM TOWING CAPACITY** 1000 lbs.
    EPA INTERIOR VOLUME 122.6 cu.ft.
    GROSS WEIGHT 4173 lbs. CURB WEIGHT 3155 lbs.
    CARGO CAPACITY, ALL SEATS IN PLACE 25.2 cu.ft. MAXIMUM CARGO CAPACITY 63.1 cu.ft

any mechanics out there than can translate this for me??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    i sure will this is what chevrolet lists for suspension for this vehicle.

Suspension
    MacPherson strut front suspension
    Torsion beam rear suspension
    Front independent suspension
    Front and rear stabilizer bar

Weights and Capacities
    MAXIMUM TOWING CAPACITY** 1000 lbs.
    EPA INTERIOR VOLUME 122.6 cu.ft.
    GROSS WEIGHT 4173 lbs.CURB WEIGHT 3155 lbs.
    CARGO CAPACITY, ALL SEATS IN PLACE 25.2 cu.ft.MAXIMUM CARGO CAPACITY 63.1 cu.ft

any mechanics out there than can translate this for me??
    I'm not mechanic but the cargo capacity is talking volume rather than weight. So this would be referring to the space it provides.

Also 50 gallons of water is about 420lbs. So if you were to get a trailer to pull you'd still have some weight left for a generator before you hit the 1000 pound limit for towing.

But I don't know if I would pull 1000 pounds regularly it would be real rough on the vehicle.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast