autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?

Quote Originally Posted by KB in MD View Post
    is this year HHR panel with or without rear seats? Since the designer of the PT Cruiser designed the HHR: Does the front pass seat fold flat? I was curious if Chevy took the fold flat pass seat idea from the PT Cruiser and added to the HHR? It's a nice addition for hauling.
    hello friend, the model i have is the panel version, only 2 seats in front. the back is for cargo.

today was a busy day for me
    detailed the engine,washed the hhr, clayed the hhr, and i did a 3 step to the hood.. because it really needed it. youll see in the pics.
    i also did a 3 step on the roof aswell. too many swirl marks.
    i used my rupes, megs mf cutting and polishing pads. for compound i used m105. for polishing i used a combo of two products, i dunno i got crazy and after testing a spot out the results were awesome. i used 2 pea size drops of hd speed, and 2 lil drop size of Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite Cleaner Glaze.. mike phillips hooked me up when i went up to stuart to help out on the impala.. so i figured what the heck let me try this thing. great results with the two. to top it off i also went crazy with it i did two layers of paint sealant. one layer i used Optimum Poli-Seal, after that, i used Poorboy's World EX-P Pure Sealant.. let that sit for 20-30 mins and than buffed it out with a mf towel. wham, bam, thank you ma'm. i must say, the results are amazing.. but enough talking, ill leave you guys with the pictures, and you guys tell me what you think.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-b4-jpg

this is how it looked before getting washed

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-backview-jpg

view of the cargo area, did the whole interior yesterday.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-sideview-jpg

here's a lil sideview of the rear door entrance

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-insidecargo-jpg

another angle of the inside. theres a couple of hooks and latches where i can use straps to keep things in place.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-inside-angle-jpg

cargo area, different angle.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-cargo-close-up-jpg

close up of the cargo area. there's room to play with, granted not alot, but there's room.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-interior-closeup-jpg

a shot of the interior.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-hood-swirls-jpg

here's the hood and all the swirls that came with it. if you look closely, you can see that this van was used as a pest control van before. definetly had to cut, and than polish.. didnt want to do a half ass job.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-hood-closeup-jpg

close up of the damaged hood.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-roof-after-reflection-jpg

here's the roof. cut, polished and sealed. reflection

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-hood-after-reflection-jpg

The AFTER shot of the hood. m105 did a great job at cutting all those swirls and erasing that lettering that was still visible in sunlight.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-hood-reflection-closeup-jpg

too bad that i finished the job late and the sunlight was not as strong, but im very happy with the results.

hopefully ill finish the rest by tomorrow and ill post more pics!
    ill keep you guys updated.. oh and as i was working on it, a neighbor stopped and asked me to give him a quote on his explorer. i guess he liked my work.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice reflections, especially on white.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that turned out great. Cant wait to see all the stuff inside it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    hello friend, the model i have is the panel version, only 2 seats in front. the back is for cargo.

today was a busy day for me
    detailed the engine,washed the hhr, clayed the hhr, and i did a 3 step to the hood.. because it really needed it. youll see in the pics.
    i also did a 3 step on the roof aswell. too many swirl marks.
    i used my rupes, megs mf cutting and polishing pads. for compound i used m105. for polishing i used a combo of two products, i dunno i got crazy and after testing a spot out the results were awesome. i used 2 pea size drops of hd speed, and 2 lil drop size of Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite Cleaner Glaze.. mike phillips hooked me up when i went up to stuart to help out on the impala.. so i figured what the heck let me try this thing. great results with the two. to top it off i also went crazy with it i did two layers of paint sealant. one layer i used Optimum Poli-Seal, after that, i used Poorboy's World EX-P Pure Sealant.. let that sit for 20-30 mins and than buffed it out with a mf towel. wham, bam, thank you ma'm. i must say, the results are amazing.. but enough talking, ill leave you guys with the pictures, and you guys tell me what you think.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-b4-jpg

this is how it looked before getting washed

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-backview-jpg

view of the cargo area, did the whole interior yesterday.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-sideview-jpg

here's a lil sideview of the rear door entrance

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-insidecargo-jpg

another angle of the inside. theres a couple of hooks and latches where i can use straps to keep things in place.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-inside-angle-jpg

cargo area, different angle.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-cargo-close-up-jpg

close up of the cargo area. there's room to play with, granted not alot, but there's room.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-interior-closeup-jpg

a shot of the interior.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-hood-swirls-jpg

here's the hood and all the swirls that came with it. if you look closely, you can see that this van was used as a pest control van before. definetly had to cut, and than polish.. didnt want to do a half ass job.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-hood-closeup-jpg

close up of the damaged hood.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-roof-after-reflection-jpg

here's the roof. cut, polished and sealed. reflection

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-hood-after-reflection-jpg

The AFTER shot of the hood. m105 did a great job at cutting all those swirls and erasing that lettering that was still visible in sunlight.

HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?-hhr-hood-reflection-closeup-jpg

too bad that i finished the job late and the sunlight was not as strong, but im very happy with the results.

hopefully ill finish the rest by tomorrow and ill post more pics!
    ill keep you guys updated.. oh and as i was working on it, a neighbor stopped and asked me to give him a quote on his explorer. i guess he liked my work.

Man looking at the specs it made me think of how I would set it up if I had it. Lots of possibilities. If your panning on getting it wrapped, skip any step after a polish, they will end up removing it anyway.
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo
    "Like" us Facebook.com/AlchemyAutoDetail

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome man!! You have inspired me I am now on the hunt for one of these!

Mike Phillips

I've always thought the HHR Panel would make a great mobile detailing rig due to the massive advertising space provided by the panel delivery body style.

If you start specializing in higher end detailing you shouldn't need to do as much washing, I never did. Then you don't have to drag around so much weight.

Josue = mrclean
    Here's Josue working the Flex 3401 to maximize the gloss and clarity of the clearcoat on the hood.

Keep us updated. Hope to see you back for another Thursday night project.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rolop6 View Post
    Man looking at the specs it made me think of how I would set it up if I had it. Lots of possibilities. If your panning on getting it wrapped, skip any step after a polish, they will end up removing it anyway.
    if you have any ideas, please let me know ive been really thinking on how to work with the space i have. any suggestions are of great help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airforce1 View Post
    Awesome man!! You have inspired me I am now on the hunt for one of these!
    thanks alot my friend, while youre shopping for one consider the year.. 06- and 07 models had some minor issues with the door handles coming off.. thats what i read in consumer reports. definetly go for a 08 and up model
    and keep me posted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I've always thought the HHR Panel would make a great mobile detailing rig due to the massive advertising space provided by the panel delivery body style.

If you start specializing in higher end detailing you shouldn't need to do as much washing, I never did. Then you don't have to drag around so much weight.

Josue = mrclean
    Here's Josue working the Flex 3401 to maximize the gloss and clarity of the clearcoat on the hood.

Keep us updated. Hope to see you back for another Thursday night project.

hello mike! glad to know that you're co-signing the hhr idea and you're right, there's definitely a lot of advertisement real estate! i already got a called from a company that does wraps, and they stated that hhr's are notoriously known for being hard to wrap, specially on the front and back bumpers. i also read that online too.. that's why im considering doing the soap bubbles wrapped around the rear and front fenders.. giving the vehicle a look like it's riding "clean" and using my logo on both panels..something along those lines.. i had a great time last time i went to your Thursday night open garage "TOG" looking forward on going again, just give me the green light and im there

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to drive a e250 cargo van , then I started down sizing what I carry and how I carry it . So with that said it ended up being to much room , stuff was slidding around every where. I felt it was time for a new van so I down sized to a astro van and love it, everything stays in place ,and I dont have to climb into the cargo area to get supply s . The gas mileage is much better and the smaller van is easier to park find parking space also. Good look with the hhr, it definitely doesent look like every other cargo work van .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast