autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?

You gotta see if Chevy or anyone else lists the "Payload Capacity" that will tell you what is rated for the inside of the truck...I wouldnt expect much over 500lbs which would negate having 50gal of water in there along with a generator and yourself...let along a vacuum and supplies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    You gotta see if Chevy or anyone else lists the "Payload Capacity" that will tell you what is rated for the inside of the truck...I wouldnt expect much over 500lbs which would negate having 50gal of water in there along with a generator and yourself...let along a vacuum and supplies.

http://www.cars.com/chevrolet/hhr/2011/specifications

This is for the 2011 hhr panel. It says Payload of 900 lbs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hbrett29 View Post
    2011 Chevrolet HHR Panel Specifications

This is for the 2011 hhr panel. It says Payload of 900 lbs
    Cool, thatll give him a little room then.

Water - 300ish
    You - 250?
    Generator - 50
    Vacuum - 10
    Chemicals - 50
    Vehicle gas - 80

Around 700, you should be ok with stock suspension considering you dont fill the water tank or have much other equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the others, you've got a very nice mobile unit!

I've been thinking about one of those for the last couple weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 50 gallon water tank in my dodge ram and believe me 25 gallons will not get you 4-5 cars. Unless you are doing ONR or some other waterless wash, 25 gallons won't cut it. If you get a really bad car 25 gallons can go quick! I can get 4-5 cars with regular washes if they are not bad from 50 gallons. If you need a small trailer I have looked at the one on the link and it has great reviews. I'm still debating about it for the summer. The generator on the other link would be something I would get if I didn't already have one, HF makes great tools and you can get warranties for almost every product. Plus I've seen it in person and it's not very big, it is a quiet generator which is a plus.

40-1/2" x 48" Small Utility Trailer - 1090 Lb. Cargo Capacity

2500 Peak/2200 Running Watts, 4.7 HP (125cc) Portable Inverter Generator
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo
    "Like" us Facebook.com/AlchemyAutoDetail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rolop6 View Post
    I have a 50 gallon water tank in my dodge ram and believe me 25 gallons will not get you 4-5 cars. Unless you are doing ONR or some other waterless wash, 25 gallons won't cut it. If you get a really bad car 25 gallons can go quick! I can get 4-5 cars with regular washes if they are not bad from 50 gallons. If you need a small trailer I have looked at the one on the link and it has great reviews. I'm still debating about it for the summer. The generator on the other link would be something I would get if I didn't already have one, HF makes great tools and you can get warranties for almost every product. Plus I've seen it in person and it's not very big, it is a quiet generator which is a plus.

40-1/2" x 48" Small Utility Trailer - 1090 Lb. Cargo Capacity

2500 Peak/2200 Running Watts, 4.7 HP (125cc) Portable Inverter Generator
    those are the type of generators i was looking at.. this one in particular
    Generac iX 800-Watt Gasoline Powered Portable Generator-5791 at The Home Depot

about the tank, mind you that i am starting out, thats why i mentioned the 3-4 cars a day ratio.. thats me having a positive thinking.. and yes, im planning on using rinseless washes as much as i can or in cases where i can.

today i did the whole interior on the hhr .. tried out my new McCulloch steamer too.. im very happy with it. great for someone thats starting out and doesnt have the budget of a $800+ steamer. i was going to take pictures, but it got dark by the time i was done. almost all day cleaning it. i kept looking at the cargo unit, and i mustve drawn like 5-6 imaginary blueprints in my head on how it can be arrange. i also thought about removing the passenger seat, and perhaps using that space aswell. but my dad didnt like that idea. along with you guys, he's going to be helping me with this project too. i sure could use his help, he's a construction foreman and in my opinion one of the best carpenters in miami. tomorrow ill be cleaning the engine. im still debating on doing a full correction work on it. its not that swirled out, its white paint.. so i might just go with a one step. ill keep you guys posted, and again, thanks for the help fellas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stang_krazy View Post
    I agree with the others, you've got a very nice mobile unit!

I've been thinking about one of those for the last couple weeks.
    thanks alot man, comments like yours keep me motivated!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Cool, thatll give him a little room then.

Water - 300ish
    You - 250?
    Generator - 50
    Vacuum - 10
    Chemicals - 50
    Vehicle gas - 80

Around 700, you should be ok with stock suspension considering you dont fill the water tank or have much other equipment.

well im about 6'1 and 215.. so that should give me a bit more. lol. your list is very accurate to what i will be carrying. with the addition of mf towels, hose reel, my rupes 21, the mcculloch, a bissell little green extractor and my pc2474xp. more than likely ill be on the safe side with the suspension, but either way when i sell my honda, ill have extra cash to throw down on a suspension upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hbrett29 View Post
    I'm not mechanic but the cargo capacity is talking volume rather than weight. So this would be referring to the space it provides.

Also 50 gallons of water is about 420lbs. So if you were to get a trailer to pull you'd still have some weight left for a generator before you hit the 1000 pound limit for towing.

But I don't know if I would pull 1000 pounds regularly it would be real rough on the vehicle.
    thanks for helping me out, and yes.. one gallos weights 8.4lbs exactly 420lbs like you mentioned. im really not trying to get a trailer. never liked the idea of a trailer. im hoping that i can arrange everything and weight everything out the correct way so i can do it all out of the hhr

Post Thanks / Like

is this year HHR panel with or without rear seats? Since the designer of the PT Cruiser designed the HHR: Does the front pass seat fold flat? I was curious if Chevy took the fold flat pass seat idea from the PT Cruiser and added to the HHR? It's a nice addition for hauling.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast