autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?

Quote Originally Posted by 215Detailing View Post
    pump questions are both ends (inlet & outlet) a (one) inch and need a reducer from 1 in to 3/4?
    yes, both inlet and outlet are 1 inch, your going to need to buy a 1 to 3/4 reducer just like that white one that i got on my pump. do as shaunD saids, bring it in to home depot to avoid having to go back and forward. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    yes, both inlet and outlet are 1 inch, your going to need to buy a 1 to 3/4 reducer just like that white one that i got on my pump. do as shaunD saids, bring it in to home depot to avoid having to go back and forward. good luck
    Thanks both mrclean & shaunD

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?

Quote Originally Posted by woopigsooie View Post
    Thanks for the inspiration! I am a full time college student living with parents to save money, have about a year left. I am detailing part time during school and full time during holiday breaks and during the summer. Haven't gotten too serious about it yet, just earning a little extra money. I mainly do all my work here in the garage of my parents house but I have done a few mobile details. The cost effectiveness and convenience of going mobile definitely intrigues me. The only question I have is how do you wash in the sun? I have thought of getting some portable pavilions from walmart but it seems like it would take too much time setting up and taking down. If tree shade is nowhere to be found, how do you effectively wash in direct sunlight like you did to that Honda Ridgeline? For a business as small scale as mine is right now this might not be worth it for me right now, but I am definitely thinking more about it since you now have a proof of concept.
    im happy that my thread has inspire you. the sun is not a problem for me. like 215detailing told you, look into rinseless washes. for all my washes i do the initial rinse with the my electric pw, at 1800 psi, most of all the dirt is knocked off.. just like i did with the muddy ridgeline. most of all the mud was knocked out with the pw rinse. after that, just fill up 5 gallon bucket and pour your rinseless solution there, have an extra bucket for rinising. start panel by panel. i use a micro-chinelle mitt to wash each panel. after im done, i use a waffle weave mf towel to dry. therefore, no water spots. i hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=man, youre too kind with your words, i really appreciate your comment and the love.. thanks for taking time out and going thru my thread, as you can see.. it all started with a vision.. and now im just trying to make it in this business. i saw your rig! mighty rig you have there man.. but damn.. that mpg must be brutal... and i was complaining on my hhr dropping a bit on the mpg since ive switched to 18'' rims.. lol, i still get 24-25 mpg in the city.

quick update, i got me some polos.. with my logo on the right side of my chest...nothing on the back.. just a professional look for when i meet and greet new clients...or when i step into new office buildings asking if they need a wash.

again, thank you to all of those that have shown me nothing but good vibes and great support.. means the world to me. [/QUOTE]

I would literally punch my mom in the mouth for 25 mpg!! For my area, my prices lean on the high side so It kinda works out. I also do mostly full details and rarely go to more than 2 sites at any given day. If I was flying around town doing smaller jobs, it wouldn't work. I like having a trailer cause I have almost everything you could ever want or dream of to detail with but it can be a drag trying to fit in places. Since I ofter do heavy equipment, I need the pressure washer and a huge tank. I use printed shirts with a small logo on the front and big one on the back. I must have been crazy getting black shirts in Florida when in the summer the sun feels like it's 4 feet away from your neck.

Post Thanks / Like

it was like the detailing gods got together and said " ah, look at this kid.. he wants to detail for money... lets throw him the soccer mom van special" jesus christ, what a ton of work did i do today. this honda van was wrecked and smelled like chucky e cheese on crack! i knew it wasnt going to be easy, but damn.. i gotta say i wasnt ready for this one! but, you have to start somewhere and a interior detail on a soccer mom van from hell was what i got today.

this is why i never, ever let my kids eat inside the car.. what the hell!

seems like little timmy likes to save his gum for later.. and his wafers too..

but sometimes he gets bored and uses the side door as his canvas and his gum as his brush and paints away...

oily, gummy, and just plain old dirty leather seats that have been thru hell and back

mom is a bit clumsy with her coffee..

the family also had a walk in closet in TRUNK!

i went at it with this van. since 9 am thru 4 pm it fought a good battle and so did i. here's my results..

i gave little timmy a new canvas..

and to finish it off, onr wash and wax to the exterior..

this family is very nice, and treated me and tipped me really well to say the least. they hired me because they wanted to trade in the van.. and after i was done, the mom and dad both said that they might just keep it now. very nice compliment to hear. they also said they had NEVER seen the van this clean.. to sum it up, i got two new customers.. and if you see in the back of the van, the husband drives a mercedes.. ill be doing that one next.. but its not beat up like the van. one day at a time, one wash at a time and everything is moving good. tomorrow i have a correction job to do in the morning.. that should be more fun. overall this was a good experience.

Post Thanks / Like

thats not that bad at all lol I have done interiors 3x as worse im not bragging doe haha

great turnaround! Your work payed off on this one!
    Want more customers for your detailing business?
    Find out how: www.detailsummit.com

Post Thanks / Like

oh yes the horrid mini van. I automatically assume the absolute worst when I book a mini van. People buy them for one purpose, to haul their unholy spawns of satan through hell. The things I have seen done to a mini van are absolutely unspeakable. Feces smashed into the headliner to long dead pets under the seat. It's enough to give a detailer the thousand yard stare. The horror.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebamboo23 View Post
    thats not that bad at all lol I have done interiors 3x as worse im not bragging doe haha

great turnaround! Your work payed off on this one!
    3xs as worse and i wouldve acted like i was booked for weeks. at first i was like.. "man, am i ever going to finish this?" hats off to you for doing dirtier work it was good to see that the clients atleast acknowledge the turnaround. it kinda gives me an artificial pat on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by catfish07 View Post
    oh yes the horrid mini van. I automatically assume the absolute worst when I book a mini van. People buy them for one purpose, to haul their unholy spawns of satan through hell. The things I have seen done to a mini van are absolutely unspeakable. Feces smashed into the headliner to long dead pets under the seat. It's enough to give a detailer the thousand yard stare. The horror.
    you're funny man! and i see you got great mini van stories to tell! "long dead pets under the seat" ###!??
    the feces smashed into the headliner, i can understand that.. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    im happy that my thread has inspire you. the sun is not a problem for me. like 215detailing told you, look into rinseless washes. for all my washes i do the initial rinse with the my electric pw, at 1800 psi, most of all the dirt is knocked off.. just like i did with the muddy ridgeline. most of all the mud was knocked out with the pw rinse. after that, just fill up 5 gallon bucket and pour your rinseless solution there, have an extra bucket for rinising. start panel by panel. i use a micro-chinelle mitt to wash each panel. after im done, i use a waffle weave mf towel to dry. therefore, no water spots. i hope this helps.
    I have considered the rinseless wash but I would assume I need to make a heavy investment in more microfibers which can be a little pricey. How many do you need to get through one day of one to a few cars? And you just wash them at the end of every day? Also, do you just use regular wash detergent (without softener) or do you actually buy the microfiber wash soap they sell on AG?

I appreciate the insight!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by woopigsooie View Post
    How many do you need to get through one day of one to a few cars? And you just wash them at the end of every day? Also, do you just use regular wash detergent (without softener) or do you actually buy the microfiber wash soap they sell on AG?

I appreciate the insight!
    i do have quality microfiber towels, but i only use those for removing polishes or waxes ( paint only) i buy the regular bj's or sams club or costco mf towels for interior, glass and all around use. you can get alot for cheap. for the actual wash, i dont use mf towels. i use the mf mitts. like this one...

Super Plush Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt, microfiber wash mitt, car wash mitt

i have 3 of them. thats enough for the day. when one gets too dirty, i use another one.. and so on. at the end of the day, i use the pw to clean them. apc, rinse and let them dry and theyre ready to use the next day. i have about 6 waffle weave towels, big ones 25x36 one of these can dry a suv. to clean them, i do the same process as i do with the mitts.
    to clean the quality mf towels that i use to remove polishes and waxes.. i use hd towel kleen.
    hope this helps, definitely consider rinseless washes. saves alot of time.. and alot of water.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast