autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How would you price this?

First off a little background;
    I am located in West Texas, which is not exactly known as an asphalt jungle, and as such people really do not wash/wax their vehicles anywhere near as often as they should.
    And because of this, along with the prevalence of the dirt/ Caliche roads most people have a "The next rainstorm will wash it off" Attitude.... How would y'all recommend that I overcome this potential customer objection?

I would also like to branch off into doing fleet vehicles, for the Oil companies, and the companies that service them, -Pumpers, Roustabouts, Electric Companies etc.-
    However they too have the same attitudes that I outlined earlier. Appearance is definitely the last thing on these companies minds, when all they do is ride around on dirt roads and Ranches all day.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you price this?

That's a tough one! I guess I would try to educate them on the damage caused by improper care and how this needless damage devalues their vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you price this?

Personal owners is going to be a tough sell. Get yourself a nice website and sell yourself to the vehicles that do want your services. If people don't want to pay to get their cars taken care of, no amount of education will change their mind. Go after the people who are interested in your service, move long past the ones not. It's kind of like running a lawn care business. Don't sit there and spend time trying to convince the guy that mows his own grass to hire you, go to the people who work all the time and don't have time, the little old lady who lives alone, the people who aren't happy with their current service. Target your market, don't try to create a new one.

Fleet vehicles is a pretty simple market to get into, but you can't go into it like a meticulous perfection detailer. Offer to make the trucks clean and shiny for cheap. Get a pressure washer, a helper, and start an assembly line. Fleet vehicles are not going to get more than a wash/vacuum.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com