autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

insurance question

If have called around to get insurance quotes for G.L and Garage keepers. Do you also insure your equipment? They gave me a quote for all and it was over $1000

Post Thanks / Like

Re: insurance question

$1,000 is nothing. I would jump on that all day. When I initially started my business and was shopping for insurance, most companies wouldn't even give me a quote as it was "too much of a risk" for them. Which I never understood.

The few quotes I did get were outrageous (over $3k). And I was only part time at that time. So, I couldn't pay that much even monthly. I ran my business without insurance for about a year (never had any accidents thankfully). After which I had enough time I guess under my belt to actually get some reasonable quotes. Which I pay around $1,800/yr for my insurance now. Being full time and having a shop with no employees. But as your business grows your insurance will go up. It's all part of having a business.

$1,000 isn't really that bad, if you can pay it up front do it, or make monthly payments.

Post Thanks / Like
    What does $1000 entail? Liability only? Or do you have cars insured as well?

Liability is the primary/crucial one.

Equipment I keep to like $2000? It's one you will never use but nice to have.

$1000 for liability is pretty spot on for a small start up.

Post Thanks / Like

Insurance is a subject we have beat to death. Make sure you are getting insured for what you want. Equipment and being able to drive the customers cars are the big ones. YOU CAN NOT GET INSURANCE TO COVER FAULTY WORKMANSHIP. No company will pay for you if you burn paint or the like. Make sure you know this. There are alot of people paying premiums right now that think they are covered if they screw up, but they are not.

Post Thanks / Like

the qoute was for liability and garage keepers with equipment. What are your deductibles.
    Mine was for 1 million and 30k and 5000 for equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is $2 mil. Liability, $60,000 garage keepers, $3,000 equipment. $110/month. Home based start up. $500 deductible.

Post Thanks / Like

My equipment is insured for $5000. I work out of a pickup truck. My equipment is locked under my tonneau cover. If someone breaks in while I'm eating lunch somewhere and walks off with something it's covered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    $1,000 is nothing. I would jump on that all day. When I initially started my business and was shopping for insurance, most companies wouldn't even give me a quote as it was "too much of a risk" for them. Which I never understood.

The few quotes I did get were outrageous (over $3k). And I was only part time at that time. So, I couldn't pay that much even monthly. I ran my business without insurance for about a year (never had any accidents thankfully). After which I had enough time I guess under my belt to actually get some reasonable quotes. Which I pay around $1,800/yr for my insurance now. Being full time and having a shop with no employees. But as your business grows your insurance will go up. It's all part of having a business.

$1,000 isn't really that bad, if you can pay it up front do it, or make monthly payments.
    I hear you, it was a pain to get mine. By the time I got it it was slightly over $1000. I was surprised, the broker was surprised as well, he thought it was going to cost around $2500.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to read this thread will help a lot.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-cover-me.html