autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Called For Insurance Quote - Can't Cover Me

Quote Originally Posted by slimnib View Post
    Who told you to call State Farm, all the insurance company's mention write for homes and cars.

In order to get business insurance you need a commercial insurance broker and yes expect to pay a lot.
    No one told me to call anyone, we have insurance through them so I figured I would check with them first. As stated, it seems like other people have insurance through State Farm and others. They do offer business insurance just not for me because of my relatively new business. I also called several brokers who also couldn't do anything. I finally found a guy who could help me. Its not a big deal, just a pain in the ass. I could try and be shady but that seems like poor business to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimnib View Post
    Who told you to call State Farm, all the insurance company's mention write for homes and cars.

In order to get business insurance you need a commercial insurance broker and yes expect to pay a lot.
    I told him to call state farm I have my business insurance through them. They do a lot more than home and auto. Read the rest of the post before you as silly questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got a quote, I think the broker and myself were both pleasantly surprised at the price. He thought because of some of the factors it was going to be over $2000 But it ended up being way less than that. Includes liability, garage keepers, driving other peoples cars and any bodily damages. Only thing it doesn't cover is my equipment which I can add but I am not too worried about at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by motoo344 View Post
    Finally got a quote, I think the broker and myself were both pleasantly surprised at the price. He thought because of some of the factors it was going to be over $2000 But it ended up being way less than that. Includes liability, garage keepers, driving other peoples cars and any bodily damages. Only thing it doesn't cover is my equipment which I can add but I am not too worried about at the moment.
    Mind if I ask what the quote was? I know it isn't going to be the same in other places, but it would at least give others a general idea. Maybe others would be willing to share as well?
    2013 Honda Accord Touring - Crystal Black Pearl/Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by erichaley View Post
    Mind if I ask what the quote was? I know it isn't going to be the same in other places, but it would at least give others a general idea. Maybe others would be willing to share as well?
    Its 1300.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    ^This is what I have as well...

Liability for any damages caused to customer property (ie their car) while operating business related events (it also covers business assets to a certain $ amount, and MANY other things). Again, I specifically asked about damage caused while polishing and/or working on vehicles... it is absolutely covered. Hence the term "liability", meaning 'the state of being responsible for something'... I am responsible for the customer's car while I am working on it, my insurance covers me in the event that any damage occurs during normal business practices associated with my policy. Not sure why it is so hard to believe... it's a common thing. Just like your liability on your homeowner's insurance.

You are responsible for the safety of the guests in your home.. if someone breaks a leg they can surely file a claim with your insurance company whether they slipped while walking downstairs or if they thought it would be a good idea to attempt a backflip off of the couch (that might be stretching it? but you get the idea).

This policy DOES NOT cover me for driving someone else's car. That is a totally separate type of liability policy which I do not carry since I do not pickup or deliver vehicles.

Zach, I apologize if this has been addressed as I didn't read the whole thread, but did you ask you agent about this, or did you speak to an actual underwriter?

The reason I ask is that when I got my policy I assumed it covered any damages caused by me (workmanship) if they were to happen. After seeing a post by someone else on the forums I went back and had my agent talk with the underwriter who then said it does NOT cover damages from workmanship....you may just want to double check.

My policy is $66/month and has 150,000 GK, 30,000 collision, and 1M general liability.

Rasky
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Zach, I apologize if this has been addressed as I didn't read the whole thread, but did you ask you agent about this, or did you speak to an actual underwriter?

The reason I ask is that when I got my policy I assumed it covered any damages caused by me (workmanship) if they were to happen. After seeing a post by someone else on the forums I went back and had my agent talk with the underwriter who then said it does NOT cover damages from workmanship....you may just want to double check.

My policy is $66/month and has 150,000 GK, 30,000 collision, and 1M general liability.

Rasky
    Is was answered all ready read my part it explains everything .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Is was answered all ready read my part it explains everything .
    LOL...yeah, I jumped the gun...should have known better!
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by motoo344 View Post
    So I've been spending the last few weeks trying to get things up and running and insurance has been the biggest issue, minus the obvious in trying to drum up business. Don't bother calling any of the big names unless you either currently have business insurance or you've been in business for the last few years.

I've been calling brokers and finally was referred to one that is actually said more than "sorry, can't do it" Unfortunately, I think its going to be pricey.
    You'll probably have to find an agent who has access to a specialty carrier like Scottsdale Ins. Very few mainstream carriers are willing to write auto service shops without an established storefront and/or lack a few years of experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
    You'll probably have to find an agent who has access to a specialty carrier like Scottsdale Ins. Very few mainstream carriers are willing to write auto service shops without an established storefront and/or lack a few years of experience.
    Thanks, I figured it out and got it squared away today after a week.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast