autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

different package, different product?

hey guys, something got me thinking. Does anyone use different products in different packages? let me explain.
    If you apply use something like Reload for a sealant after a correction package, do you use the Reload on a basic wash & wax / valet? or do you use a "cheaper" one, with less durability?
    I can imagine that you would use Gtechniq C4 trim coating for a correction package, but not for a basic package, or you would barely get any profit from it...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: different package, different product?

i think a lot factors play a huge role in this

for one, you could give options to the customer. good, better, best as far as LSP grade theyd want to go with

same goes as when you do a 1/2 step polish. obviously for someone who wants long lasting durability youll go with a coating.

if they want a show car finish or if the owners just love the idea of wax.. give em wax

all in all, i wouldnt say "cheaper" but what the customer wants and budget for LSP
    Want more customers for your detailing business?
    Find out how: www.detailsummit.com

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I pick LSP by package usually. If I know one looks great on their particular color I'll upgrade them to that.

I don't think an expensive high quality product should be applied on a low tier package because they aren't paying for the best.

I offer upgrades to each package so if they want the better wax/sealant they can have it. You should be doing the same. Explain the benefits of the 2 year trim protection/restoration and if it fades before 2 years apply another coat for them. Think about up selling and how things will benefit the customer.

Post Thanks / Like

that's what I was thinking of doing. but was afraid it would be a bit weird. thanks for the advice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrace View Post
    I pick LSP by package usually. If I know one looks great on their particular color I'll upgrade them to that.

I don't think an expensive high quality product should be applied on a low tier package because they aren't paying for the best.

I offer upgrades to each package so if they want the better wax/sealant they can have it. You should be doing the same. Explain the benefits of the 2 year trim protection/restoration and if it fades before 2 years apply another coat for them. Think about up selling and how things will benefit the customer.
    This is what I do 100%