autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Used cars dealers

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Bahh!! Missed opportunity here.

Every dealer has overflow.

If you are really looking to show the difference between professional work and his team, offer him to do a detail at no charge, walk him through the detail afterwords, and compare it to some of his teams work.

Do NOT bad talk his team, just show him the difference. Kindly thank him for his time, and let him know you are available if he needs any further services.

Call him once per month, remind him of your services, and you might be surprised what takes place.

Take this approach to many different dealerships in the area, and before long you will have plenty of work until your retail clientele builds up.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are really looking to show the difference between professional work and his team, offer him to do a detail at no charge, walk him through the detail afterwords, and compare it to some of his teams work.

Do NOT bad talk his team, just show him the difference. Kindly thank him for his time, and let him know you are available if he needs any further services.

Call him once per month, remind him of your services, and you might be surprised what takes place.

Take this approach to many different dealerships in the area, and before long you will have plenty of work until your retail clientele builds up.
    That seems like a lot of work for free with some return in the amount of work, all while knowing it'll be temporary til the retail work comes it.

It seems like a good idea only if you have no other commitments. Otherwise I think pushing HARD for retail clients part time will get someone there just as fast

Post Thanks / Like

spoken like a pro. great advice

Having dealt with many dealerships over the years, this will get you a positive result.
    Dealerships are looking for reliable & quick turn around with out the fuss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kengo123 View Post
    That seems like a lot of work for free with some return in the amount of work, all while knowing it'll be temporary til the retail work comes it.

It seems like a good idea only if you have no other commitments. Otherwise I think pushing HARD for retail clients part time will get someone there just as fast
    I agree, but Calynder has talked about his need to drive some business and revenue so I thought he might find this useful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Never offer anything free to a dealership. They are in the business of making money and will regardless of the price you charge them for your services. Talking to the manager of the used car department is your best bet. And find out before hand what they are paying for services like what you are offering. Auction cars can be your best bet to demo on and still make some money while still offering a demo at a reduced rate. Utilize your network of friends and acquaintances to get connected to the business you want and need. Don't work for free or severely undercut the competition l, especially if you know your quality is above theirs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Any chance of a dealer working with a non-mobile business?

Any advice here?

Post Thanks / Like

its common place where im from
    You just need trade plates (to drive unregistered cars to and from the premise)

Quote Originally Posted by scrace View Post

Any advice here?

Post Thanks / Like

Im not mobile and i had absolutely no problem getting dealer work in the past if i needed it. Smaller lots with only a dew employees are the easiest because they cant do the cars themselves.

Theres a pattern with these creeps though. I would start doing cars from a dealer and do excellent work, but slowly over a few months they always try to start buying dirtier cars at the auction. I know theyre thinking i'll clean them up and they can make more money since they bought them cheaper. When i would tell them i had to upcharge they would get all upset and move on to the next detailer sand start the process all over. They are all the same. Almost no exceptions.
    Jeremy Wayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scrace View Post

Any advice here?
    Absolutely. They don't care where you work from. Make sure you have commercial unowned auto insurance though even if you use their plates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lonergan View Post
    its common place where im from
    You just need trade plates (to drive unregistered cars to and from the premise)
    Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    Im not mobile and i had absolutely no problem getting dealer work in the past if i needed it. Smaller lots with only a dew employees are the easiest because they cant do the cars themselves.

Theres a pattern with these creeps though. I would start doing cars from a dealer and do excellent work, but slowly over a few months they always try to start buying dirtier cars at the auction. I know theyre thinking i'll clean them up and they can make more money since they bought them cheaper. When i would tell them i had to upcharge they would get all upset and move on to the next detailer sand start the process all over. They are all the same. Almost no exceptions.
    Thanks for the input guys.

Any advice on what to say when first contacting them to set myself apart from other detailers?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast