autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question to Hydro2 users:

How do you market Hydro2, permanon, etc, to clients for full vehicle protection?

After exploring this product this weekend I am in favor of putting it out there as an option for some of the vehicles I see. Spray it on, spray it off, blow dry. Simple, quick, easy. Offers up to 3 months protection (per bottle label).

It is a finicky product, so it does require some level of product and application knowledge to apply and apply successfully (i.e. applying under proper panel temperature/sun conditions to avoid streaks or odd 'staining' or uneven coverage)..

Yet it clearly is not a 'spray wax' or your typical 'spray sealant' or even WOWA product, so I wouldn't price it that low, but it is given that it is not up there with as advanced of products as your OC/CQF/C1 Exo tier, so I wouldn't offer it at the typical coating prices that I've seen around here.

Where do you put this type of product when you are suggesting options for protection for vehicles?

How do you sell your customers on this type of product to protect their finish?

How do you charge for an application of Hydro2 or similar to the whole vehicle, not just wheels as i've most commonly seen this product being utilized? At what cost point do you place this product in your services?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
    I believe in becoming who I am (Translation: You learn everyday.)
    <-Bubba

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you just sell it in a simple wash & seal package based on your local market? My local market charges $55 for just a wash & wax, nothing fancy. Up sell it based on being a sealant and will last longer than wax being applied at volume shops. You can more of these per day than wash & wax and make money on volume.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question to Hydro2 users:

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Why don't you just sell it in a simple wash & seal package based on your local market? My local market charges $55 for just a wash & wax, nothing fancy. Up sell it based on being a sealant and will last longer than wax being applied at volume shops. You can more of these per day than wash & wax and make money on volume.
    Time is money, for sure.

Thanks! I don't do volume washes, but still, time is time, and if it can save me time at the end to get back to my daily grind then it is worth it..

I believe in becoming who I am (Translation: You learn everyday.)
    <-Bubba

Post Thanks / Like
    The thing is the customer doesn't need to know how you sealed the car, just that you did. Make sure you look at Corey's instructions on application so that it is done correctly.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, after you spray hydro2 on a panal, immediately rinse it off. Even if you're not in direct sunlight, its still worth doing. When i first applied it to my car i waited a tad bit too long and the dreaded streaks formed :/ and they are not that easy to take off either. Also make sure you spray the area down well so that for sure all of the Hydro2 excess has been rinsed off

Post Thanks / Like

don't apply to the hood of a just-driven car either...
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes make sure you rinse quickly. The streaks are a pain to remove. This is a great product though.