autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Accepting Interac and credit card payments

Hello guys,

I called around today to get an idea of the cost of accepting credit card and Interac payments. For someone starting out like me, it's a bit steep. 70$ per month to rent the mobile terminal, 1-2% fee on each transactions (Credit Cards) and 0,07$ fee on Interac. On top of that it cost 200$ to setup the account.

I read in Renny Doyle's book that there is a way to accept credit card payments using a Smart Phone. Does any one do that and if so how?

Otherwise, any tips on accepting those payments without the heavy fees for a Mobile Terminal? I won't mind paying that when I have a steady Stream of customers, but right now I don't even know how many détails I will be able to do this summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out intuit go payment or square. You can download the app from either the apple or android store and they will send you a swipe plug in. I think they are both around 2.75% per swipe with no monthly fee.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online
    Check us out at Eco Detail of San Diego or visit us on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accepting Interac and credit card payments

I use Square love it been using for over 2 years and paypal has the same card reader now too. You only get charge for every swipe no monthly fees.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out square. It's phenomenal and works!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Hello guys,

I called around today to get an idea of the cost of accepting credit card and Interac payments. For someone starting out like me, it's a bit steep. 70$ per month to rent the mobile terminal, 1-2% fee on each transactions (Credit Cards) and 0,07$ fee on Interac. On top of that it cost 200$ to setup the account.

I read in Renny Doyle's book that there is a way to accept credit card payments using a Smart Phone. Does any one do that and if so how?

Otherwise, any tips on accepting those payments without the heavy fees for a Mobile Terminal? I won't mind paying that when I have a steady Stream of customers, but right now I don't even know how many détails I will be able to do this summer.
    If you are mobile and just starting with no clients: DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU HAVE TOO!! Look I am serious about this. I call A LOT of merchant service companies. Although they all sound great, giving you great deals, almost all of them will not give you all the info that you need. They won't tell you all the details UNLESS you ask.
    I know I may be too alarm into this, but whatever you do don't sing ANY contract. There are lots and lots of ridicules fees. Honestly most people have cash, and if they are calling you in advance to schedule an appointment, they can go get cash.
    Remember that most people have some time of rewards car, they get charge the highest percentage.
    If you do have to get one, get one without a contract and one that you can cancel any time. PERIOD.
    To this day I accept cash only and most people don't have a problem with that. I would cary a Square in case you do have an emergency, but remember that they all have their story and you can find TONES of rip off reports.

Post Thanks / Like

I use "square" and love it as well. The card reader and app are totally free, but there is a small fee for each transaction. I also have it set up to direct deposit the payment into my bank account, so no online transfers to worry about or anything like that. It gives your customers the option of adding a tip if they would like, and it also has an option to send them a receipt via email. Simple and very effective!

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I use Paypal HERE and it works great. No complaints and my customers love it

Post Thanks / Like

I ll wait on these for a while mate .

Post Thanks / Like
    Intuit Go Payment is what you want for mobile detailing. I have been using it for 1 1/2 yrs. without any problems. They just made some really good improvements.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast