autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Read this is you need a company logo

Hello guys,

just want to inform you about a site I learned about reading Renny Doyle's book.

MycroBurst » Leader in Graphic, Web and Logo Design Contests

The way their service work is you make a submission for graphic design you need done and people submit their designs to you.

I placed a submission at 5pm today. The process takes a week. My cost was 260$ for the options I chose.

I just received my first design so it took about 3.5 hours for the first guy to send me something. I love his design, if I was dealing with only 1 designer I would have taken it The nice thing is, the average amount of designers that will submit for a project is 108 according to them. So I will have plenty to choose from and might see a lot of designs I like even more.

I am extatic about this service. I am pretty good with Photoshop but I have basically only a left brain, I can't create anything artistic. I wish I could show you the designs but they are hidden to prevent graphic designers to copy each other. I will post the ones I like most next week to get your comments and choose.

If you don't have a logo yet, check them out, I can't be happier I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Read this is you need a company logo

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Hello guys,

just want to inform you about a site I learned about reading Renny Doyle's book.

MycroBurst » Leader in Graphic, Web and Logo Design Contests

The way their service work is you make a submission for graphic design you need done and people submit their designs to you.

I placed a submission at 5pm today. The process takes a week. My cost was 260$ for the options I chose.

I just received my first design so it took about 3.5 hours for the first guy to send me something. I love his design, if I was dealing with only 1 designer I would have taken it The nice thing is, the average amount of designers that will submit for a project is 108 according to them. So I will have plenty to choose from and might see a lot of designs I like even more.

I am extatic about this service. I am pretty good with Photoshop but I have basically only a left brain, I can't create anything artistic. I wish I could show you the designs but they are hidden to prevent graphic designers to copy each other. I will post the ones I like most next week to get your comments and choose.

If you don't have a logo yet, check them out, I can't be happier I did.

Yea Renny's book has a lot of great info in it for sure. I have read it twice over cover to cover and when I can find sometime will do it again. Between his book and Mikes books they are bibles to me. Every time I read them I take a little more from it each time that maybe I didn't catch the previous time if that makes sense?

As far as the logo design goes its a great choice for getting what you need the first time and only one time! Yet still pricey for someone who is just starting out and might not have a lot of capital. I was one who started with nothing and did everything by picking up PT work here (Strictly to buy Detailing supplies)and there alongside my FT work (I detail FT now) but at the time I needed to Brand myself and cheap so I went with Vista Print and still use VP because my county is starting to know the and recognize the name and logo.

Now i'm almost scared to change over to the higher end version because i'm nervous it's going to take away from what I have put everything I have into building. I might never changes who knows. Where I live is such a small area compared to some of the bigger cities a lot of guys on the forum are from that it was professional, I'm the only one with it, People complement me all the time on how they like the professionalism in everything looking and being the same.

I'm not saying this would work for everyone, Prob would only work for those in a smaller area like myself because no one can say they seen it prior.

It's cool your pumped up about it man. It's always fun and a good feeling to make steps forward when it comes to starting something new. I wish you the best of success in your future endeavors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I am reading Mike's book now: The art of detailing. I have learned a few things new. I am not that far in. The book does feel and a catalog for Autogeek though, that is the only thing I don't like about it.

It's exciting to work toward the start of the business, I just wish I had more hours in a day and more days in a week you know I have not taken a day off for about a month now with my 2 jobs and using all my spare time to learn about detailing and preparing the startup.

But things are moving along quite nicelly. Once I have the logo I can order the business card, found a sweet deal on those: 5000 double sided full color cards for 99$. I have done business with that printer before and the cards look fantastic.

I will also be able to order my uniforms. I just need to decide what my uniforms will be. That reminds me I need to start a topic on that.

Thanks for the support,

Daniel

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I am reading Mike's book now: The art of detailing. I have learned a few things new. I am not that far in. The book does feel and a catalog for Autogeek though, that is the only thing I don't like about it.

It's exciting to work toward the start of the business, I just wish I had more hours in a day and more days in a week you know I have not taken a day off for about a month now with my 2 jobs and using all my spare time to learn about detailing and preparing the startup.

But things are moving along quite nicelly. Once I have the logo I can order the business card, found a sweet deal on those: 5000 double sided full color cards for 99$. I have done business with that printer before and the cards look fantastic.

I will also be able to order my uniforms. I just need to decide what my uniforms will be. That reminds me I need to start a topic on that.

Thanks for the support,

Daniel
    Yes I do know actually I work 7 days a week and on avg about 16 hours a day since my startup. If you look at my join date and my post count you will see I don't have that big post number (which I could care less about). That's when I started doing all my research about everything detail related everyday and lost sleep everyday for a year...And when it wasn't detailing it was business related etc like marketing tactics,advertising,branding,promoting and what not to give you an idea. I wanted to see what works for some and what doesn't along with everything I needed to know about. To give you a time frame of how much time I invested before making the move I just went FT detailing April 1st.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could show you the designs but they are hidden to prevent graphic designers to copy each other.
    Thanks for sharing this service. Take screen shots or camera pictures of your computer screen. I'm very curious to see.

Post Thanks / Like

I will Just want to have a few of them and post them all at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

I will Just want to have a few of them and post them all at the same time.
    That's cool. Good luck. If you do a search you'll find it's been discussed here. I also think its a good value and share your same left brain thing.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates with this?

Post Thanks / Like

I received a total of 46 submissions.

You can see the winning design on my webpage:
    Esthétique Auto Montreal Car Detailing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this isn't a thread hijack, however there are several more options out there if anyone else is considering getting graphic art work done.

fiverr.com (I've used them in the past for several small projects, biggest downfall is there CAN be a language barrier. Pro is some have a 24 to 48hr turn around time.)

99designs.com (I've also used them, the higher the price the more submissions you get, typically has more "professional" designers watching it).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast