autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Salesman?

Post Thanks / Like

Salesman?

Any luck having a salesman door knocking and trying to get corporate and dealer accounts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salesman?

You are the salesman so start knocking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    You are the salesman so start knocking.
    I would have to agree with this. No salesman would know your business, your abilities, and your price structure like you do. Buy a decent polo, a hat with your logo on it, some khakis, and the world is yours.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    I would have to agree with this. No salesman would know your business, your abilities, and your price structure like you do. Buy a decent polo, a hat with your logo on it, some khakis, and the world is yours.
    agreed, but I cannot be in two places at once. The main thing I was worried about if I had enough to pay her. Once my van is up and running I don't know If I could pay a salesman and two detailers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wiserphil View Post
    agreed, but I cannot be in two places at once. The main thing I was worried about if I had enough to pay her. Once my van is up and running I don't know If I could pay a salesman and two detailers.
    Pay on a commision basis. If they don't produce, they don't get paid

How many cars per week at this point?

Post Thanks / Like
    How big are you looking to get? Seriously if you had someone out picking up dealer accounts, corporate accounts, hitting up car clubs, body shops, mechanics etc. you could get quickly overwhelmed with work. If you had a sales force or person going out building volume business all year your operations side would have to grow just as fast if not faster. Make sure you can properly train people, have the accounting and bookwork infrastructure needed to support an undertaking like this. What about capital also?

"Uh oh I'm getting 25 cars a week from dealers now how do I get the equipment, manpower, and space, and training time to handle all of this work?"

Just some things to think about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    How big are you looking to get? Seriously if you had someone out picking up dealer accounts, corporate accounts, hitting up car clubs, body shops, mechanics etc. you could get quickly overwhelmed with work. If you had a sales force or person going out building volume business all year your operations side would have to grow just as fast if not faster. Make sure you can properly train people, have the accounting and bookwork infrastructure needed to support an undertaking like this. What about capital also?

"Uh oh I'm getting 25 cars a week from dealers now how do I get the equipment, manpower, and space, and training time to handle all of this work?"

Just some things to think about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    The way I figured it I should gross $50,000 or more per van. So I would like to have at least 4 vans. You brought up some good points. The business shouldn't grow too fast unless I am ready.