autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New website need feedback

So after being open since last August, my new shop is staying pretty busy, in spite of complete road tear up on the whole street, but that's another story!

Soo I finally got my website done. I know there is some things I want to change but before I do, I would like everyone's feedback on what they would want to see different.
    So please take a moment and look around and leave me a comment
    Thank you very much!
    Ps I'm working on getting a shorter domain but this will have to due for now

Shine Premium Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New website need feedback

Took a quick look. Your RSS feed logo thing goes nowhere. On your services page it seems like you have to do a lot of clicking around to see things. People are lazy and have short attention spans if they have to click more that a few places to find what they are looking for they may just click on to the next guys site. What about pricing? Over all it looks good just a little Busy for my taste.

Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely a clean looking page, not junked up at all. The only thing that I would change is the words that are sideways, such as home, pricing, gallery, etc. for me hard to read, but that's just my opinion and its your website. Looks good best of luck. Maybe just a little cleanup, basically the meat not to much reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Guy View Post
    It's definitely a clean looking page, not junked up at all. The only thing that I would change is the words that are sideways, such as home, pricing, gallery, etc. for me hard to read, but that's just my opinion and its your website. Looks good best of luck. Maybe just a little cleanup, basically the meat not to much reading.
    +1 On the words sides ways hard to read and maybe change the font. Everything else looks good.

Post Thanks / Like

Your font and sideways text have got to go. Needs improved legibility and usability.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the RSS feed has been down for some reason. I tried to keep thee services page as less cluttered as possible therefore i went with the drop boxes. I guess my own preference was clicking more over a page full of text. My prices page i do not like at all. That was my main concern on the re vamp. Should I list more pricing? I guess my idea was to use starting prices only so that way a customer would have to call and get that information. Therefore giving the chance for possible sale. If listed full price one could automatically make the decision wether it was to much. Opinions on that? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Most my customers who look at my website still ask about pricing all the time.I have prices starting at $$$ then I can quote them when they call me. I never quote interior work till I see the car cause you can get burned really easy.

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The load time was pretty slow. (It might have to due with how the graphics are stored or their file size)
    There are too many social media links on each page it seems cluttered and redundant.
    Choose a different front and text direction for your navigation, it's hard to read.
    Consider changing "info" to "about" or "about us".
    Services and prices should be on the same page.
    I would add some text and direction on the contact page.
    You might want to remove the sign up and login information to Wordpress that is on every page.
    Also make sure you own rights to the pictures you used on the site.

You have a good foundation, just needs a couple tweets to make it even better.