autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm 17, and I'm ready to go big. Need opinions/help please!

Hey, now that's a really nice website, seriously! I wish you the best of luck with your detailing business and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

You bet BobbyG ! It started well from his part to me .

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job on the website. Not a lot of clutter and easy to see what you do and the range of prices. Photos are always good for such a visually oriented job.

Maybe one minor suggestion on the before/after section:
    break it up into sections like exterior paint, wheels, interior, and put all the before and after next to each other (some of them are, but others you have to scan down and find the after).

I don't know if this is an option where you live, but what about a small 1/4 page flyer that you hang on people's doors, or maybe get an advertisement in the weekly US Mail ad packages, or put up a flyer around local apartments around the mail boxes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SR99 View Post
    Nice job on the website. Not a lot of clutter and easy to see what you do and the range of prices. Photos are always good for such a visually oriented job.

Maybe one minor suggestion on the before/after section:
    break it up into sections like exterior paint, wheels, interior, and put all the before and after next to each other (some of them are, but others you have to scan down and find the after).

I don't know if this is an option where you live, but what about a small 1/4 page flyer that you hang on people's doors, or maybe get an advertisement in the weekly US Mail ad packages, or put up a flyer around local apartments around the mail boxes?
    Thanks for the tip on the mail advertising, I'm going to look into it.
    I really wanted to get the site seperated out picture wise but I need to figure it out in rapid weaver. Stacks doesn't work how I would like and the built in picture page doesn't seem to let me do that. Lol should just say "I hear ya, and I'm working on it"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Hey, now that's a really nice website, seriously! I wish you the best of luck with your detailing business and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    Thank you very much Bobby!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any insurance?
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from a fellow on Long Island.

Your website lists your email address as scott@definitedetailing.com but your signature pic here lists it as scott@defintedetailing.com:

I take it one of them is misspelled?

Great website so far, good luck in your new business!

Post Thanks / Like

1. Google adwords, there are plenty of $100 coupons out there for people starting new accounts. If it works well and it cost effective you can pay manually, even if it is $20 at a time.

2. Sounds like you are not afraid to go door to door and pound gravel, so consider having some door hangers and brochures (even decent looking flyers would work) and hitting your local neighborhoods. Make sure to tell them you live close by, it gives you the advantage of relating to them.

3. Make sure your website is posted on local business directories such as yellowpages, yelp, google places, etc. It is all free and if you can get some of your clients to do reviews for you this will go a long way towards getting business.

4. Go to local mechanics and offer a small % discount to their clients if they will send referrals your way. If they touch cars, they should have your card. If they are iffy about referring to a 17 year old, give them a wash/wax at no charge to show them you can provide professional results.

Its a start.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    1. Google adwords, there are plenty of $100 coupons out there for people starting new accounts. If it works well and it cost effective you can pay manually, even if it is $20 at a time.

2. Sounds like you are not afraid to go door to door and pound gravel, so consider having some door hangers and brochures (even decent looking flyers would work) and hitting your local neighborhoods. Make sure to tell them you live close by, it gives you the advantage of relating to them.

3. Make sure your website is posted on local business directories such as yellowpages, yelp, google places, etc. It is all free and if you can get some of your clients to do reviews for you this will go a long way towards getting business.

4. Go to local mechanics and offer a small % discount to their clients if they will send referrals your way. If they touch cars, they should have your card. If they are iffy about referring to a 17 year old, give them a wash/wax at no charge to show them you can provide professional results.

Its a start.
    Thanks for the great ideas, I'm definitely going to look into adwords, and maybe do some kind of door to door campaign.
    I've been working on #4

Post Thanks / Like

Web site is easy to navigate, information is clear. Nice job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast