autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Paint correction prices

I am currently working on a chrysler 300 in my shop. The lady came in and bought a set of $2000.00 wheels and i explained to her how she was going to have these nice wheels on a black, metallic swirled out mess that has only seen tunnel washes. With that being said..i currently charge 45.00 and hour for a multi step paint correction and key scratch repair..her bill is going to be about $900.00 (20 hours) for some reason i feel like im charging to much..should i feel this way? Help me out! What do you charge per hour?
    "Taking care of business, one detail at a time"
    www.ryansautodetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint correction prices

Does not sound unreasonable. As long as you are in tune with your local market, you are comfortable charging that much, and the client is comfortable paying that much, I don't see any issue.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

A local guy in area (he does some nice cars, ferrari, lambos, etc.) Charges $75 per hour for what he calls "full paint correction and reconditioning"

Took this from his discription:
    "Typically a 14-20 hour process. This includes a multi step, Machine Polishing Process, removing all oxidation, haze, swirls and blemishes in the paint finish. Literally the paint will be better then new when completed. Recommended if you must have the absolutely pinnacle of detailing and your vehicle’s finish in showroom condition."

Did you tell the lady upfront that you charged $45/hr? and also did you tell her it could and probably would take two days to complete.?

I hope you gave a fair estimate or a ballpark range. Hate to see her show up expecting a $300 bill. My biggest fear is that she refuses to pay. I would stick to your price (it seems fair in my opinion). Be nice if you could show her some before and after pics (especially of the swirls). Most people dont understand swirls and the regimen it takes to get them out.

Hope this helps, keep us updated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansdetailing View Post
    I am currently working on a chrysler 300 in my shop. The lady came in and bought a set of $2000.00 wheels and i explained to her how she was going to have these nice wheels on a black, metallic swirled out mess that has only seen tunnel washes. With that being said..i currently charge 45.00 and hour for a multi step paint correction and key scratch repair..her bill is going to be about $900.00 (20 hours) for some reason i feel like im charging to much..should i feel this way? Help me out! What do you charge per hour?
    Did you give her a written estimate in addition to the hourly rate? $45 an hour is not unreasonable for correcton work. You may find it doesn't take 20 hours so the bill may come out less.
    Semper Fi
    Ralph

Post Thanks / Like

when comes to paint correction i have 2 options:
    - estimate the time after i seen the vehicle and quote it like that ,
    - standard price for 1 step or 2 step , multiple steps , with description of the improvement so the client knows what he pay for.

by having a fast working time i can finish a 1 step polish in 3-5 hours, and a 2 step polish in 5-8 hours, around 45-65$ per hour.
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

I charge $65-70 an hour flat for everything. May sound a lot but a lot of detailers could charge more, especially if the work is good.

Charging hirer prices also has the added benefit of weeding out the cheap low ballers. Typically all your calls are serious clients who put their money where their mouth is!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all about what the person knows and is expecting to pay. Unless she knows better, she may think removing swirls entails just spraying some liquid on the paint. Yes, some people are the ignorant.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think you are out of line with your pricing at all. As the others have said it may take you less time than quoted and you could pass the savings on to her. This could net you great feed back and referrals. Win win for all.

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very reasonable. I know a lot body shops that charge by each panel, that's correct about $100 dollars and still looks like crap. I don't like to name them but there are lot out here in Florida.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    I charge $65-70 an hour flat for everything. May sound a lot but a lot of detailers could charge more, especially if the work is good.

Charging hirer prices also has the added benefit of weeding out the cheap low ballers. Typically all your calls are serious clients who put their money where their mouth is!
    Whats your price range of a full correction? Im talking compound, polish & top with one of your top of the line LSP's (and you have a library of them).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast