autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile POS (point of sale)

If you do not have a lot of customers using credit cards then square is the way to go because there is no monthly fees however their swipe fees are a tad higher than other options but the others mostly have monthly fees...

At least that’s how it was the last time I looked into credit card processing but it’s been a while since I’ve researched anything new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile POS (point of sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    Hey guys!

So I have been looking into getting a POS machine to accept credit cards now.

I have an offer from a mainstream Canadian supporter to either turn my iPhone into a POS or rent a wireless reader.

I also have the option of going with a different company that has an app and free reader for my phone that's either on a free pay as you go with higher rates or paid plan for $10/month and standard rates.

As far as actual costs, if it it less than $2800 month, staying with the app is cheaper than going with the more local Canadian Company.

As far as my phone and question goes, what do you guys use?? I am looking at upgrading to Galaxy Note II and I was wondering if there is anyone out there that knows/uses a droid as a pos??

Thanks a lot!

-Andrew
    I'm Mobile in my area since 2003.Ive maybe had 3 people who asked if I took plastic.Stay cash or checks if you didn't meet there expectations they will call the credit card and put in a dispute.Stay simple why would you want to show more income.Cash or checks.

Post Thanks / Like

5 year old thread man. Let's assume he's got the solution since 2013.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I'm Mobile in my area since 2003.Ive maybe had 3 people who asked if I took plastic.Stay cash or checks if you didn't meet there expectations they will call the credit card and put in a dispute.Stay simple why would you want to show more income.Cash or checks.
    We wash at a hospital all day one day a week. We typically have 4-6 customers per day use plastic. Not sure how you've managed to survive for 15 years without taking credit cards. Advising a business not to do so is a real disservice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    5 year old thread man. Let's assume he's got the solution since 2013.
    Lol I didn’t even notice that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Post Thanks / Like

You know what would suck? If the guy was actually waiting for an answer. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I am always amazed at the way you look at things

I would say 80% of my client pay by credit card. Not a lot of people like to have hundreds of dollars on them to pay me after a detail.

I have been using Square for 4 years because for my volume of transactions, it is was the least expensive. Also since I don't operate for almost 6 months out of the year (usually from december to april inclusivelly), having a monthly fee for a terminal on a year plan would make no sense.

This November my bank approached me with an offer for their Monetico service. It's like Square, it uses your cell phone, but it also has a dummy terminal that links to the phone over Bluetooth. It allows the customer to use debit cards (which is not possible with Square Canada) and I believe it has a chip reader (as opposed to Square's magnetic strip reader). The fees she explained to be seemed similar to Square. So there are good chances I will try out the service next year.

As for Paypal and Intuit and all the other ones, when I looked into it a few years back they were either not avaiable in Canada, or were not competitive with Square.

I noticed this is a very old thread but there are new detailers coming here almost every day. So the info is useful for everyone that needs a payment solution without breaking the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, Square offers a chip reader. It's not free. The swipe reader is still free. The bluetooth chip reader I believe is $29 and works great. That's what we use, although we still carry the swipe reader for emergencies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    FWIW, Square offers a chip reader. It's not free. The swipe reader is still free. The bluetooth chip reader I believe is $29 and works great. That's what we use, although we still carry the swipe reader for emergencies.
    Ok, good to know. I will have a look if I decide to stay with Square when I re-open in May. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123