autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: After reading Rennys book, I changed my service menu

Mike site looks great! I give you props for doing RV's I won't touch them every lol. What did you change on your services menu?
    Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    You are correct on the Opti on a new car(less than 1 tear old) that is an installed price including prep. Anything older would be quoted by the car.

Also I went and fixed the $30 surcharge issue(I think) I removed reference to Camry's and accords.
    For reference the Camery/Accord thing is in your Q&A. Consider going with fewer picture examples but higher definition pictures if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

y8s,
    Nice catch. I had to look forever to see what you were talking about, but I'm pretty sure I noticed the door handle is more visable in the photo on the left. Slight...ever so slight. Nice job. I still don't know what you're talking about, or how to fix it, but I do see a difference in that photo.

Some of you kids, and adults, are amazing with techy details. Wish I was.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Just did a quick look through on my phone and I like it. Not too much information and not too little.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Mike site looks great! I give you props for doing RV's I won't touch them every lol. What did you change on your services menu?
    Todd
    I had my my most poplar detail listed My "Afterglow" detail for $169. I would try and steer most customers toward that(it is what most people wanted). I read the section in Renny's book about how to many detailers fall into the "one size fits all" detail/pricing system. I went with a lower end Express detail and a more expensive Custom detail. Like Renny says if some one pays for a hotdog don't give a steak just give them a great tasting hotdog. I think my pricing puts me in a great spot to do just that.

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post

Good Call Sir

I have both as well and really enjoy reading them

Post Thanks / Like

Site looks very good. Questions and comments are below...

1) On the RV section you have "$6 liner ft.*" type commentary. Don't you mean "linear ft."?

2) As to the $30 surcharge notation it does seem confusing to me. I had to read it twice to understand it completely as a reader and evaluator of of the site. My suggestion:

** Pricing shown is for standard-sized compacts and sedans. Additional surcharge for larger vehicles may be assessed (i.e. - SUV's, vans, limos, etc...)

Personally, I wouldn't list a surcharge amount; I mean you want them to contact you so that you can negotiate a number or even inspect the vehicle before you quote a number. I don't have a problem with a dollar amount listed, though. It can go either way. I would rather have the interaction with the client.

3) FAQ section... Do I need to be home.... --> I believe beforehand is one word.

4) FAQ section... Surcharge.... --> see #2 above. I would say "on average" or eliminate the dollar amount.

5) FAQ section.... I would add "Why protect my car?" to the list so you can explain some finer points of the value you bring to your customers.

Post Thanks / Like

I also just recently picked up Renny's book and that book is one i will use throughout the years as it provides great advice and sound strategies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    Site looks very good. Questions and comments are below...

1) On the RV section you have "$6 liner ft.*" type commentary. Don't you mean "linear ft."?

2) As to the $30 surcharge notation it does seem confusing to me. I had to read it twice to understand it completely as a reader and evaluator of of the site. My suggestion:

** Pricing shown is for standard-sized compacts and sedans. Additional surcharge for larger vehicles may be assessed (i.e. - SUV's, vans, limos, etc...)

Personally, I wouldn't list a surcharge amount; I mean you want them to contact you so that you can negotiate a number or even inspect the vehicle before you quote a number. I don't have a problem with a dollar amount listed, though. It can go either way. I would rather have the interaction with the client.

3) FAQ section... Do I need to be home.... --> I believe beforehand is one word.

4) FAQ section... Surcharge.... --> see #2 above. I would say "on average" or eliminate the dollar amount.

5) FAQ section.... I would add "Why protect my car?" to the list so you can explain some finer points of the value you bring to your customers.
    I fixed the linear and beforehand misspellings. I looked at the surcharge with new eyes but feel it is clear enough for the customer to understand. The FAQ section is used to address questions I get asked often. I understand what you are getting at with the protection question but it is not something that is ever asked. I will be talking about protection a lot this spring because I just started selling Opti-Coat pro and CQuartz finest. Thanks for taking some time looking through and providing feedback.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast