autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still wouldn't plan on doing a full correction every time. Like I said, do a couple spots that you can do quick and make better that they'll notice.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: another ' how much to charge' thread

Unless you have some sort of high end market you are fixing to tap into, I would suggest a strategy change. I would drop your prices by about 1/3 focus on making the exterior look great, and the interior look fantastic.

Most people who want their cars detailed are more focused on the interior being super clean than the exterior being completely defect free.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dougw4355 View Post
    Best of luck with that...Almost 99% of my customers are daily driving soccer moms and dads who just want a basic car detailing. I bet money they would not even know what a paint correction is and could care less so i give them what they want. Clean, detailed car for $100 in less than 7 hours. I almost always get tipped to which is nice !!!

Can't agree more.. Keep it simple and you'll see the most income. Knowing how to do all that exta stuff is great but the average person will blow you off with that price. Offer a "daily driver" package where you clean it up and get them back on the road. Most people will look at their car as brand new even though we all know allot more could have been done. Overkill will only cost you more time and money and you will miss out on a whole customer base. I say start around $150

Wash
    clay
    clean rims / dress tires (in place)
    cleaner wax
    protect trim
    windows
    interior

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, as these guys have said, knowing that you can do a 'total correction' and actually HAVING someone on any consistent basis that actually WANTS one are two drastically different things.

As for the pricing, on a full correction (with high end materials etc) with the amount of time you (want to) put in it the target price should be twice what your charging for your "portfolio".

Building a portfolio is a great thing, but who is going to look at it? Your friends will certainly enjoy a show car finish, no doubt about that. But will your friends be willing to fork out $500 next time?

The money is in getting them in and out, period. Popping out 2 ~ 3 cars a day at $100 ~ $150 each pays the bills.

As a for instance; my neighbor up the street has a rather decent car collection. He runs an international air freight service and has a couple dozen cars in warehouses. At his home he has a 7 car garage with 60's and 70's muscle cars, a few newer Vette's, and even a brand new Viper. His cars have swirls, but they are very VERY shiny! He doesn't know the difference between shiny and swirled. He gets one out and just drives it. Some weekends he'll have some guy friends over, pull them out in the driveway and wipe then down, and take 4~5 of them out for a drive, perhaps even a local show-n-shine. Yet he looks at you weird when you talk about making it look better than new, because in HIS eyes they already look better than new.

The point is.... it's a great service *if you can sell it*.

Post Thanks / Like
    LoL you have a lot to learn kid..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    Why not share some helpful advice to him then?
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Terrible response... Try plugging in some advice next time. I'm sure he'd value your "professional" opinion a lot more.

OP: like others have said, it will be very difficult trying to sell that kind of work to every potential customer. Try to put together some more simple and cheaper packages that are aimed toward the "daily driver" crowd and you'll be much better off.

-Beach
    People > Possessions
    Instagram: @DiamondDetail_ABQ
    www.diamonddetailabq.com

Post Thanks / Like

and how did you figure that out? lol

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Why not share some helpful advice to him then?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachZone View Post
    Terrible response... Try plugging in some advice next time. I'm sure he'd value your "professional" opinion a lot more.

OP: like others have said, it will be very difficult trying to sell that kind of work to every potential customer. Try to put together some more simple and cheaper packages that are aimed toward the "daily driver" crowd and you'll be much better off.

-Beach
    yeah, thanks guys for the inputs, but like i said. this is for the first customers to get the business going.

i know when things pick up in 6-9 months (hopefully) that it will be more production AIO corrections from DD cars

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We all want to make the big money when we first start. You have to take one step at a time. Getting your customers first is the first step and most difficult one in some cases because not only so you have to know what you are doing, they have to trust you with their car, period. Once you have that going then offering higher services to make their vehicles look better shouldn't be a problem. Basically what I am saying is this, ( it's all up to you). Remember there is a lot competition our there against you, so keep your prices reasonable too. My suggestion to you is to get this combo here from AG, Detailing Book Combo, auto detailing business plan, car detailing books, renny doyle book
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12