autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How to get more clients?

Hi I am new to the detailing business and also this website. I was wondering what guys are using to get more clients. I live in New England so the weather here is tough. I paid $300 for an ad in the paper for 3 months and got nothing. I usual stay pretty busy with word of mouth which some say is the best. A family member gave me a gift card to vista print so i'm not sure what else advertising wise would help. i have tshirts and obvioulsy business cards. We are in the middle of winter here so im looking to get everything set and ready for early spring. I still have my regular clients but id like to stay busy. Thanks for any advice

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to get more clients?

Quote Originally Posted by Usmc0311 View Post
    Hi I am new to the detailing business and also this website. I was wondering what guys are using to get more clients. I live in New England so the weather here is tough. I paid $300 for an ad in the paper for 3 months and got nothing. I usual stay pretty busy with word of mouth which some say is the best. A family member gave me a gift card to vista print so i'm not sure what else advertising wise would help. i have tshirts and obvioulsy business cards. We are in the middle of winter here so im looking to get everything set and ready for early spring. I still have my regular clients but id like to stay busy. Thanks for any advice

I feel your pain as im in the same boat. I seem to get almost all my new customers from word of mouth and my advertising brings in very few new customers. I have a full time regular job and just do detailing on my days off during the winter.

Maybe look over these articles..best of luck..

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-business.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...customers.html
    Mercedes C230 Sport edition

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of the normal advertising you could try google adsense. You know when you google car detailing in your location how the first two links come up highlighted and are ads? Well to get your business in those two links, you have to advertise through adsense
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that networking, word of mouth, referrals, and face time with potential clients are the only methods that consistently get me business/clients. Papers and phone books are a waste of money in almost every comparison to feedback. You need to find and isolate your market in your area and focus your advertising efforts directly towards those people and or businesses. If you haven't already, read Denny Doyle's book. I recommend buying it(but if you've spent all your money on ads then you can find it at the public library). Renny talks in detail about marketing towards your niche market, and what form has been most effective for him, and recommended by professionals in the marketing/advertising business.
    Think about what forms of advertising actually get your attention, you respond to, and you make a purchase due to said advertising. If there isn't one periodical (newspaper, magazine, etc.) that crosses your mind when you think about that then what makes you think all the money in the world on newspaper ads is ever gonna give you the clients/business you are wanting?...
    Hope this is insightful and doesn't come across the wrong way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten all my business from word of mouth. I wouldn't spend a penny on advertisement. You need to show people your work and put your self out there. I put my business on yelp,google and manta none of them got me business. I net work a lot I go to car shows and meets which has gotten me to a lot of business. Get business cards build a website it's pretty cheap and easy todo I built mine and know nothing about building a website. Show before and after pictures do people can see your work. The old say goes a picture is worth a thousand words.

Post Thanks / Like

I have read of a few guys that setup facebook accounts and after so many likes facebook gives you some advertising? dont quote me but i know i read something about that somewhere... might be worth looking into.

I do not detail full time just here and there for the guys i work with and i have had a few guys ask if i have made a vinyl sticker. They would sport that in there back window for me. "Corrected by Mr. ####'s Detail" ( looking into it now even if it dosent pull anything extra still gets people talking)
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Facebook is good and it's free once you get 30 likes you get a web address.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Yes Facebook is good and it's free once you get 30 likes you get a web address.
    Thanks I knew they hooked it up somehow!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Post Thanks / Like

Like what has been said, word of mouth, website (with good SEO), craigslist and knocking on doors and introducing yourself. I'm trying to get facebook going now. You have to use every opportunity that comes your way to get your name out there and in time it will pay off.
    Dirt-B-Gone Mobile Detailing
    www.HandWashAndWax.com
    facebook.com/DBGMobileDetailing John Wells

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HellaBroke View Post
    I have read of a few guys that setup facebook accounts and after so many likes facebook gives you some advertising? dont quote me but i know i read something about that somewhere... might be worth looking into.

I do not detail full time just here and there for the guys i work with and i have had a few guys ask if i have made a vinyl sticker. They would sport that in there back window for me. "Corrected by Mr. ####'s Detail" ( looking into it now even if it dosent pull anything extra still gets people talking)
    After 400 "likes" on Facebook, you can make an "offer," or coupon, available to all those who like you.
    Brandon Gardner
    President
    Superior Auto Detailing, LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast