autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing marketing guide

Has anybody used the Professional Detailer's Marketing Guide that is listed on the Professional Carwash and Detailing website? It's "only" $180, so I was wondering if anybody has used this guide before plunking down a Franklin and 4 Jacksons. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would buy the books on ag by mike and the book on how to start a detailing business you can buy both for around 50 bucks well worth the money and great tips

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing marketing guide

Mikes book is good. He really only talks about polishing paint. He mentions a little bit about types of wheels and that's about it. There is a lot more, I mean tons more to detailing than what is mentioned in the book.

The book you are looking at says it was copyrighted in 2003. That's 10 years ago things have changed. Both the detailing industry with things like rinse less washing and nano coatings and in the business world with things like social media.

I recently ordered the Detail King 4 set how to start and grow your business on sale $199 down from $299. There really was not much info or amazing "trade secrets" like they advertise. The 4 videos should sell for about $69 because anybody who details already is not going to learn anything new.

The more learning you do the better. So any of these trainings you can get books, videos or hands on will be better than nothing.

My next AG order I will order R. Doyle new book. I hear that one is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure who wrote that "guide" and what their success in the detailing industry has been but, I can tell you wrote Mike Phillips' book "The Art of Detailing", and Renny Doyle's "How to Start a Home-Based Car Detailing Business". And without reading either of their books you probably know at least a little about how successful they both have been/are in the industry.
    I have both their books and let me tell you, I had them when I first thought about starting my business I think I would be in a much different place with my business right now. I think both books are a must have for anyone starting a detailing biz or have staff that need training/guidance. And both are priced much better than $1.20/page!; I paid less than .09˘/page from AG.
    If were spending close to a couple hundred dollars on any book or disc set I would expect some one-on-one with an instructor that had a proven success rate that I could duplicate at the end of the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    My next AG order I will order R. Doyle new book. I hear that one is good.
    It should be a must read for anyone who is planning on opening there own detailing business. There was alot I knew already, that gave me a sense of gratification knowing that I was going in the right direction but there were a few things in there that blew me away and that I intend on implementing this year. Definitely good read.
    William Castro - Owner/Operator/Enthusiast - Serving Northeast MA & Southeast NH

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

They consider themselves a 'marketing oriented' company but yet they have been redoing their website for a year and a half now.... whats that tell ya