autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cut My Prices for a Rare Vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by KJW Detailing View Post
    I completely understand Vegas transplant. If I do introduce myself and he's interested, I'd certainly look over the condition of the vehicle and make a determination as to whether it to my benefit or not.
    10-04
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Just introduce yourself.

"Hi I am Kieran and I own KJW Detailing. I couldnt help but notice your beautiful car. Can you show it off to me?"

"have you ever thought about having it professionally detailed? Here are services I offer and what they can do to make this amazing vehicle of your's look even more brilliant....."

Post Thanks / Like

If it was a Bugatti or something, sure, but an NSX...I know they are cool, but they aren't rare (at least not around here) and these days you can get them for less than $40k. When I first started I would cut prices to try and get "cool" cars, but in hindsight I wish I hadn't.

What I would do it approach him, but don't offer any special deals. Just tell him you really like his car, and you think your services could benefit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.A.D. View Post
    Just introduce yourself.

"Hi I am Kieran and I own KJW Detailing. I couldnt help but notice your beautiful car. Can you show it off to me?"

"have you ever thought about having it professionally detailed? Here are services I offer and what they can do to make this amazing vehicle of your's look even more brilliant....."

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    What I would do it approach him, but don't offer any special deals. Just tell him you really like his car, and you think your services could benefit it.
    Bingo!!!!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.A.D. View Post
    Just introduce yourself.

Agree...this is perfect!

Click through the pages of KJW Detailing and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

If it was a Bugatti or something, sure, but an NSX...I know they are cool, but they aren't rare (at least not around here) and these days you can get them for less than $40k. When I first started I would cut prices to try and get "cool" cars, but in hindsight I wish I hadn't.

I know it's no Ferrari, Lambo, or Bugatti, but it could lead to those such vehicles!

Click through the pages of KJW Detailing and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's no Ferrari, Lambo, or Bugatti, but it could lead to those such vehicles!
    I promise I'm not trying to be rude, but do you think the guy who has has the same car for 10 years, and has it parked outdoors under a carport is really going to lead to higher end cars? I'm not saying it won't, I just don't want to see you do backflips and end up not being any better for it afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep coming back to this thread and thinking two things:

1. Portfolio work is often done for free. You are the ultimate customer receiving the goods in this scenario. Sure he gets a shiny car out of the deal, but your intent is to have pictures of it.

2. Wouldn't you want to charge more for an exotic because of the extra care you take on an expensive vehicle?

Sorry, three things.

3. Deep down, it's a Honda.

Post Thanks / Like

If somebody on my street had a NSX with poor paint I would invite him over to do it together for free. But I dont do this for a living, so different situation.

Post Thanks / Like

What I'm wondering...would it be that big of a deal to slash my standard rate to as much as half, in order to gain the opportunity to detail this NSX? Which could go into my portfolio so to speak and the end result could help open door to further exotics.
    A hand's gotta do what a hand's gotta do.
    Nothing comes to a dreamer but a dream.

However, since we (detailers) are more alike than diffferent, I see you posting this advice from the NOVA hand in the future:

When I first started I would cut prices to try and get "cool" cars, but in hindsight I wish I hadn't.
    Read the opening post in this thread...actually - anything from Cosmin is viewed as noteworthy and inspirational.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-8-months.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin
    this post is exclusive to autogeek community.
    Hi Mike , got your advice to write this up...

What is there about KJW Detailing as it stands now that will convince a luxo/exotic owner to sign the contract?
    Or in the reverse, If a Lambo called you up, and you arrive at the destination, what is there about your business that reassures the owner that you're capable...pictures???

These questions are not meant to be answered on a public forum, but for introspection. Do so, or not at your discretion,
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast