autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Equipment for Mobile Detailing Setup

Good Evening Geeks,

As you may already know, I'm using the approaching winter months to put together a mobile detailing vehicle. I'm obviously taking my time ad exploring all of my options.

I know that everyone's options differer, so I'm goin to paint a picture and well run from that point.

Your putting together a mobile setup, focusing on being a bit of a minimalist (as opposed to purchasing every tool under the sun.) the setup WILL include a water tank, generator, pressure washer.

This is where your professional experiences will come in handy. I need suggestions on which way to focus on additional tools. The items listed below are combinations I could do.

The cheapest route would be a metro vac and blow. Has the ability to remove excess water, blow the crap out of tight places on the interior, an obviously, vaccum. This also means the use of good old fashion manual labor on the interior. (Not a big deal to me.)

The next option, purchase a shop vac style vaccum for all my vacuuming needs. In addition, purchase an air compressor to blow out the ecxess water, blow the crap out of tight places on the interior. A dedicated air compressor could also be paired with a tornador, which could aid in interior cleaning and in other various areas.

Third Option, metro vac and blow, paired with a hot water extractor.

All the options would achieve the same goal, it just depends on the direction is the best to go.

Any assistance/insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kieran Walsh

Click through the pages of KJW Detailing and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Equipment for Mobile Detailing Setup

I would not leave out the air compressor under any circumstances. You can make it without an extractor, but without a compressor you will never even have the option of using compressed air for nooks and crannies, much less a Tornador.

The Tornador can even be used to expedite carpet cleaning (one of its most valuable traits), and makes interiors a breeze.

For the price of a metro vac you can buy a nice shop vac and an air compressor, add the Tornador later if needed.

I have an extractor, I love my extractor, but could survive without it if needed. It just makes things a LOT faster and more professional looking if you deal with a lot of nasty interiors.

My vote is for your second option, then add the extractor later.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I currently use a shop vac for the interiors and I love it and only 70$! just need hose extension and different nozzle fittings, think I spent 90$ on a husky compressor and can't imagine e not having one for buttons, dash boards etc

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks VP Mark, this is exactly what I'm looking to hear from those already established!

Click through the pages of KJW Detailing and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I know i'm a little late chiming in here but I too am building my setup for a spring mobile launch.

Heres what I have so far:

Honda GX200 5.5HP engine
    Porter Cable 7424XP
    Mytee Lite II 8070 hot water extractor
    4000w Gas Generator
    20 Gal Campbell Hausfeld Compressor
    50' of air hose
    Shop Vac w/ extra hose + car attachments
    Storage bin for chemicals and product
    Tons of MF towels
    Tons of chemicals and product

Planning on a Tornador Black, Cat pump w/ relief valve to mount on the Honda, water tank, PW gun and hose reel with 50' or so of hose. I'd like to rig up some type metal framework to bolt eveything down to as its going in the rear of my '10 Denali pickup.

Ive done a couple cars so far this winter in my garage - but geeez its cold!

Ill post pics when I have it set up.