autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How much to charge tow truck pricing

Hey guys I was getting ready to propose prices to a tow truck company and was wondering what to charge for a full detail, just wash and just interior. Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much to charge tow truck pricing

It would depend on what kind of trucks they are i have a buddy that has a ram 5500 chassis cab 4 door with a flat bed he keeps it pretty clean. I did a wash clay wax and interior for $100 but thats my buddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I'm talking about a decent size wrecker. So idk I might charge hourly but i think they would like the price of just full detail rather then a hourly rate

Post Thanks / Like

I would think in the $150-200 range for a wash, and interior cleaning. I am also assuming the wash cleans under the bed, on the frame, and the engine compartment.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess that would depend on how filthy the interior was. If it was a trash pit, and they were expecting excellence I would not price it for under $250-$350.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I do a flat bed wrecker for a local shop and charge $100. It takes about 4 hours. Good wash on the entire thing, duragloss 501 the cab and storage boxes underneath the rear bed only. Usually ill throw some spray wax on the bed rails...but cant really do much with it. Interior is dirty but not horribly bad and has a rubber floor. They give out my cards, so I give them a slight break on price.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say $150 depending on how trashed it is. I did a mid sized SUV over the weekend that was in fair shape and I got $150 for a wash n/ wax with a standard interior cleaning with a leather treatment on the drivers side.

good luck

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on where you are and what kind of tow truck. I owned a rollback only ompany for 18 years keeping all my trucks spotless. Specalized in 'high-line' cars and insurance company contracts.

While all my trucks 'worked', I would attend shows all over the SE and ALWAYS placed, usually won. (in my division) And.... depending on the show I ended up with "best of show" on lots of occasions.

I said that to say this; There are two kinds of washing for working tow trucks. The first would be a regular weekly washing. No wax, no buffing, but a good cleaning.
    Thorough interior clean out first. Regular power washing, spraying the underside with hydrochloric acid, bleaching the bed(s) with the same. (Makes for a KILLER nice aluminum bed, but you'll need to play with the dilution to keep from removing too much from the bed)

Single soap down. Towel dry, wipe down with single stage / wax as you dry, wipe down interior and shine, gloss all exterior rubber, clean and polish all glass (newspaper). That should take you several hours minimum, maximum of 3 trucks a day for one man. (including lunch and a couple of breaks)

This price is based on a non-extended cab rollback or a F350/450 ~ C3500/4500 type single boom or wheel lift only type of truck. (Bigger trucks

I wouldn't even THINK of doing it for less than $150.00 per truck, say $500.00 for three as the wash/dry/shine only. Remember, those trucks make money, and anyone that doesn't care enough to keep a clean one isn't going after the right kind of business.

The 2nd cleaning is literally an all day thing. What is your day worth? What is it worth to the owner to park that truck all day? I've literally pulled a truck off the road for a WEEK when prepping for a show! This is where you break out the metal polish! Now I've been out of the business (sold the company) 10 years now, but if you're doing the 2nd kind of detailing you seriously need to be looking at $250 and up for starters.

Working trucks get a lot of scratches in um' and I found that a decent carnuba was the best option. Do remember the hydrocholoric acid if you're dealing with working trucks. While not cheap, it's a freaking LIFESAVER for working the frames and heavy sprayed paint on the working ends of those trucks. It ain't too bad cleaning the grease off the beds either. (although you'll want a bucket of degreaser to use first if they have been hauling wrecks with busted trannys/oil pans/leaking coolant.)