Hello!

I have been lurking here for about a month and have been trying to figure out the best methods, equipment and supplies to start a small side business:

Headlight restoration and odor remediation

These are 2 things that most (not all) local detailers miss the mark on and some even create the odor problem - mostly the "fly by night" guys

Anyway I have become dizzy and overwhelmed by all the threads here and really don't know where to start. I thought I had a plan using some OTC headlight stuff and zepp products for odor. Until I got on this forum seemed to do a really good job. I have seen how week it is compared to what you guys do.

The bottom line here is:

To start a headlight restoration and odor remediation business, that is mobile, what would be the recommended minimum needed as for equipment and supplies?

wet sanding paper 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500 and 3000?
3M scrub pads in equivalent grits?
Tape and plastic to mask surrounding areas?
mineral spirits?
alcohol?
polyurethane to coat and seal?

I mean I have read I know at least 200 different threads and I don't know how many posts about these subjects and - well you get the idea.

And I can't really get anything on odor removal other than an ozone generator but being mobile - I really don't want to invest in a generator yet.

So many methods competing how do you choose one that would be profitable and fit with a mobile operation?

Thanks for reading.