autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing at different locations..

I have recently been approached by a couple different shops in my area that asked me if i would be intrested in detailing for them.Both places get asked about detailing constantly but are not at all intrested in cleaning vehicles. I will Setup my shop inside theyre shop and give them 20% of all the sales.I will use theyre water and electric along with theyre wash bay. They will be selling the wash/detail and paying the taxes and i will perform the work. Both businesses have been around for about 15 years and are VERY successful. One is a performance shop that deals with all high end vehicles and the other is a accesory shop (window tint,remote starters,wheels). I would obviously have to spend some money up front for more equipment but im pretty confident that pay off could be huge.

With that being said...

Does anyone else do this? Any tips you can give me?

Besided word of mouth, How would you advertise to let people know your detailing there?

ANY advice is very appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing at different locations..

Why did they approach you? Are you a detail business? If you already detail what type of investment would you need to make. Don't you already have your own equipment?

There are a bunch of questions that need to ask before you do this. Who's customer's are they yours or the businesses? How about the insurance? If they are getting 20% off the top then what if one of the customers you bring in to get a detail then purchases something from then do you get 20% of their sales?

I would have a lawyer draw up an agreement between you and the businesses you will be partnering with. Plan now to avoid problems down the road. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, i do own a detailing business, did it on the side for about 8 years and turned it into a full time venture about 2 years ago. I detailed the owner of the performance shops truck and he loved my work so he asked me if i would be intrested.I am a mobile company, all of my equipment is mounted inside a trailer. I will still perform mobile services along with cleaning cars at theyre location. The equipment i have to invest in would be kept at theyre garage.

As far as customers go, the customer is both of our customers. In the summer when mobile detailing starts up again, if i detail one of his customers vehicles i will still give him 20%.Im not stealing theyre customer and hes not stealing mine in any way. Insurance is common sense, that will be the first thing we discuss.

Post Thanks / Like

dont ever let them get there hands on your money.when they get cash you will still get a check and taxed as a worker not a owner.they get all the wright offs you dont get any.make sure

Post Thanks / Like

Ryansdetailing'

Did you go through with this, if so how is it working out for you?
    Dirt-B-Gone Mobile Detailing
    www.HandWashAndWax.com
    facebook.com/DBGMobileDetailing John Wells

Post Thanks / Like

I only do dealers and specialty shops cars on the side so I don't have to give them any money and charge them my normal rate.
    Todd

Post Thanks / Like

I did end up going with it! Its working out much better than expected. I added his location to my insurance, we came up with a written agreement and had it notarized to protect both of us. Every customer that get a service done is asked if they would like a car wash. The ONLY way they receive 20% is if the wash or detail is performed at theyre shop. I would say 50-60 percent of people get a wash. The weather her has been HORRIBlE lately so i expect that number to increase rather quickly.

I have been working on some other business ideas also. We have 3 very large ymca's in our area. I approached all of them about a member service where we come to the Y and clean members vehicles. At the end of the year i will give them a donation of 10%/total sales for the year. So far i got 2/3. I also did the same with a local golf course, they also accepted the offer. I will be going to sign a contract with them next week!
    "Taking care of business, one detail at a time"
    www.ryansautodetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool. Thank you for the reply
    Dirt-B-Gone Mobile Detailing
    www.HandWashAndWax.com
    facebook.com/DBGMobileDetailing John Wells