autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question How do you Offer Wax or Sealent?

when explaning your service to a customer, do you give them a choice of wax or sealent? Do you explane the difference between them?
    Does price of service determind the quality of LSP product?
    I just getting into this as a hobby, I would like to know what to offer my"customers"
    thanks
    Last edited by 720eyes; 10-18-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: change word

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you Offer Wax or Sealent?

I was recently in the same boat as you now. I found that most people were not interested or impressed by "sealing" as it takes a little more time (because i always add wax over it anyway). Most people want or need their car back as fast as possible, and since your "customers", like mine, are friends, family and friends of friends etc, they'll probably just want you to turn it around quick. For me, that quick turn around comes from a liquid wax.

However, if i were trying to persuade people into sealing for winter protection, i'd tell them exactly that it will typically last longer, and protect better than a straight nuba wax.

When i first seriously dove in, i thought i'd be crazy for all the sealers and poly waxes and high tech... turns out I was just a 'Nuba junky in disguise. I love the wet glow it gives as opposed to the bright shine i was getting from sealers alone (poorboys EX-P and Klasse twins typically).

hopefully this gives you SOME idea on how to word it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Moose View Post
    When i first seriously dove in, i thought i'd be crazy for all the sealers and poly waxes and high tech... turns out I was just a 'Nuba junky in disguise. I love the wet glow it gives as opposed to the bright shine i was getting from sealers alone (poorboys EX-P and Klasse twins typically).

Try some BFWD, you might forget about real Nuba. Has the same look, slicker, more durable, beads better and is much easier to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    Try some BFWD, you might forget about real Nuba. Has the same look, slicker, more durable, beads better and is much easier to use.
    X2
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

I don't normally give them the option, and they don't normally ask or care. For those saying sealants take longer, have you ever used Opti-Seal? You don't even have to wipe it off. It has become my go to LSP.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Opti-Seal is amazing! I love it!!

I have done 8 vehicles now and have used maybe 3/4oz of the 8oz bottle!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    I don't normally give them the option, and they don't normally ask or care. For those saying sealants take longer, have you ever used Opti-Seal? You don't even have to wipe it off. It has become my go to LSP.
    I'm in the same boat as you except I use UPGP. Very few of my customers would ever think of waxing their car themselves, so they just want something on it. I use UPGP and the finish stays nice for a long time. I do however try to up sell them on a coat of Opti-Guard. Very few go for the up sell but those who do are the ones that are talking my service up the most.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you except I use UPGP. Very few of my customers would ever think of waxing their car themselves, so they just want something on it. I use UPGP and the finish stays nice for a long time. I do however try to up sell them on a coat of Opti-Guard. Very few go for the up sell but those who do are the ones that are talking my service up the most.

Whats the durability on UPGP? Its tempting to pick up on bogo but I already have BFCS and Wolfgang Liquid Seal.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

It's average for a sealant in durability. Nice thing is that it can be layered so if you get a customer that comes in for regular washings you can apply it after each wash. It only takes about 10 minutes to apply and the car looks better and better each time you layer another coat on.

For the customer that comes once or twice a year for a detail, it's long gone by the time they show up again. Durability is definitely better than most of the stuff that's found on the shelf at auto parts stores. One exception here would be Duragloss products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Similar...I give the option, but few would do it themselves, so I always apply BlackFire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection.

Click through the pages of KJW Detailing and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast