autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What to charge for set rate for dealership.

Hey guys I was wondering what I should charge dealerships for full details and as well as auction cleans? I'm in rhode island and would be doing wash, vacc, shampoo interior, clean and dress all interior vinyl, clay, polish wax etc ? Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to charge for set rate for dealership.

I don't do any dealer cars so I have no personal experience. When I get calls from the small lots they always want to know what kind of volume discount I give. I don't offer a volume discount and the dealers do not want to pay full price.

From what I hear and from what I read on the forums it seems like the going rate is $100 to make the car look brand new. Seems like a lot of work for a Benjamin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it's slave work but it's to fill in empty days ya know? And to keep up with the bills I can bang em out in like 4-5 hours usually it's more to keep my bills up and the retail wok is profit and some bills and product

Post Thanks / Like

A dealer recently contacted me about doing 20-30 cars for them per month at about $100 a pop. I'm just not sure I want to put my name behind the kind of "details" they are looking for. When they started asking me if I could cake on Armor All and let it "bake into the dash" in the sun I got a little sick to my stomach.

I think $75-100 per car seems to be the going rate. Otherwise a dealership will just hire a minimum wage employee, hand them a rotary, and give them a bottle of 3m glaze and say "go to town."
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

I have done one dealership in 2 years - and charged full price for the details..... we made about 7 or 8 hundred in a week from them and that was the end of it..... most dealerships want the works for peanuts - expect that! This dealership realized that they could get somewhat equivalent services for half the price of repeatedly failing detailing businesses. It happens to be right down the road from where I live and there is always a new company there.... Im sure one can make it work with the right crew and the right price, but I never pursue dealerships. Goodluck man
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    A dealer recently contacted me about doing 20-30 cars for them per month at about $100 a pop. I'm just not sure I want to put my name behind the kind of "details" they are looking for. When they started asking me if I could cake on Armor All and let it "bake into the dash" in the sun I got a little sick to my stomach.

I think $75-100 per car seems to be the going rate. Otherwise a dealership will just hire a minimum wage employee, hand them a rotary, and give them a bottle of 3m glaze and say "go to town."
    Haha your right about that. I hate it when I see that. I took a job at a dealer just Saturday's for that kind of wrk and doing real detailing on weekdays. After working so hard and learning so much made me care about doing quality work it's almost like I think the at deserves better... These guys at dealers don't give a shot they'll swirl the he'll out of cars hack interiors etc.. And the dealers just dont care... To me that's not fair to the customer that their cars weren't treated with any respect or care like they should have...

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much that's what happens.
    Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    I have done one dealership in 2 years - and charged full price for the details..... we made about 7 or 8 hundred in a week from them and that was the end of it..... most dealerships want the works for peanuts - expect that! This dealership realized that they could get somewhat equivalent services for half the price of repeatedly failing detailing businesses. It happens to be right down the road from where I live and there is always a new company there.... Im sure one can make it work with the right crew and the right price, but I never pursue dealerships. Goodluck man
    Thanks man I have already done side work for dealers an they always bug me for work but I just don't have the time till I open up. I think 125 would be fair for what i do for them. And they keep coming back do hopefully I could get that and probably like 150 for the stuff I buff out a lot of scratches and swirls

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bradmerritt View Post
    Thanks man I have already done side work for dealers an they always bug me for work but I just don't have the time till I open up. I think 125 would be fair for what i do for them. And they keep coming back do hopefully I could get that and probably like 150 for the stuff I buff out a lot of scratches and swirls
    Ha! good luck with that.
    Jason Otterness | Chicago Auto Pros Detailing
    Detailing | Ceramic Coatings | New car protection | XPEL | Window Tint | Vinyl Wrap
    www.chicagoautopros.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoAutoPros View Post
    Ha! good luck with that.
    I've already done jobs like that for dealers so how would you know? I was just seeing what anyone else was getting and I know that I could get that much for lot vehicles because the dealers around here care about the quality

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast