autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fleet work

Post Thanks / Like

Fleet work

I was just referred to a big rent a car agency today; they left a voice mail.

I hope I land this account as I'm hoping to get steady work.

Anyway, before I contact them tomorrow, does anyone here do small, meduim or large accounts? Are they any potential downfalls to taking on a client like this? Are they going to be expecting a discount and if so, how much?

I just want to make sure I have my ducks in order so I have answers in case they want to start asking for discounts.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fleet work

They're not going to ask for a discount. They will tell you how much they are going to pay per car, and it won't be much. If you say it's not enough, they will simply find someone to do it for that rate. Even if no one can make money at that rate, they will have a steady supply of people thinking "hey, this is steady work" and will try and make money at it until they realize they can't.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I have never heard of a dealer or rental place paying a decent price for outsourcing. Unless you are the "fix-it" guy for the dealer who fixes the cars their lot jockeys mess up for the picky customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    They're not going to ask for a discount. They will tell you how much they are going to pay per car, and it won't be much. If you say it's not enough, they will simply find someone to do it for that rate. Even if no one can make money at that rate, they will have a steady supply of people thinking "hey, this is steady work" and will try and make money at it until they realize they can't.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I have never heard of a dealer or rental place paying a decent price for outsourcing. Unless you are the "fix-it" guy for the dealer who fixes the cars their lot jockeys mess up for the picky customers.

Damn! Oh, well.

Post Thanks / Like

It might be worth a shot???

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, but I used to work for a big rental company, both in rental and later in sales, and when it came to car care only thing more Important than fast was cheap. Remember, they keep cars 1 to 2 years tops, then dump most of them at auction, so what do they care about paint care?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to at least here what they have to say.

On another note, my ad runs today in several local papers. Hopefully, that will bring in some customers.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

its worth a shot! i have 5 big dealer accounts and i work on a tier system with them.

Tier 1 - $85 being a basic clean no extractor
    Tier 2 - $100 being a little more intensive
    Tier 3 - $125 being the worst

also i will charge extra for things such as exsessive pet hair, decal removal, exessive carpet stains ect. but always call and see if they want it done.

another way i make more money with dealers is, 4 stage machine buff jobs

just see what they want to pay and base your cleaning off of that, let them know this is what you will get for that price, if they want more agree apon a price for work. if they dont care about under the hood or waxing it will save you time and you could charge less, it will be steady work and will fill in the voids when you dont have off the street customers coming in.

Most dealers are a NET 30 pay scale witch i find nice cause every month you get a nice big check for the work you did last month! Just make sure you go over each payment cause sometimes they get they forget to pay you for a vehcile you did lol

to sum it up i would say its worth it give them a call and agree on a price, yes it will be less then a customer price, but i get one or two cars from one customer a year and from my biggest dealer i get 40 - 50 cars a month from so its deffently a pay off, just make it known what they get for the price they want!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeAutoClean View Post
    its worth a shot! i have 5 big dealer accounts and i work on a tier system with them.

Tier 1 - $85 being a basic clean no extractor
    Tier 2 - $100 being a little more intensive
    Tier 3 - $125 being the worst

also i will charge extra for things such as exsessive pet hair, decal removal, exessive carpet stains ect. but always call and see if they want it done.

another way i make more money with dealers is, 4 stage machine buff jobs

just see what they want to pay and base your cleaning off of that, let them know this is what you will get for that price, if they want more agree apon a price for work. if they dont care about under the hood or waxing it will save you time and you could charge less, it will be steady work and will fill in the voids when you dont have off the street customers coming in.

Most dealers are a NET 30 pay scale witch i find nice cause every month you get a nice big check for the work you did last month! Just make sure you go over each payment cause sometimes they get they forget to pay you for a vehcile you did lol

to sum it up i would say its worth it give them a call and agree on a price, yes it will be less then a customer price, but i get one or two cars from one customer a year and from my biggest dealer i get 40 - 50 cars a month from so its deffently a pay off, just make it known what they get for the price they want!
    Thanks for the info. I will keep this handy. Unfortunately, I have not heard from the Rental Agency so I assume they're not interested. I sure wish I made it in time for the Yellow Pages.

I have given out business cards and got one appointment out of it but that's it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kmsdetailing View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will keep this handy. Unfortunately, I have not heard from the Rental Agency so I assume they're not interested. I sure wish I made it in time for the Yellow Pages.

I have given out business cards and got one appointment out of it but that's it.
    no problem! what i did when i started out i made up a flyer with my tier system prices on it and went into dealerships and spoke to them! i offered a free demo clean for them to see our work and %100 of the time they let use do one for free they came back for more!

Also i did not walk in asking for all there work, i asked for there over flow vehicles, i let my work do the rest! after they seen how nice our work was, they started calling more often!

Also i offered to do all the salesman's cars at a package deal and one dealership took me up on that offer and now i do all there used trade ins!

i currently have 5 car dealerships and they are nice to have, at least for my shop! but the main thing is just make sure when you agree on price make sure they know what you get, like for an $85 detail, i dont steam clean, or do under the hood cleaning, and i use a less expessinve deatiler spray wax! Good Luck with everything man!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice!
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast