autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discounts???

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Discounts???

I had a guy talk me down in price because he had 3 cars for me to do so I said I would do them for $150 (just polish and wax) but then I was working on an SUV that the guy paid me $250 (included tip) for just one rig. I was feeling guilty cause this other guy was going to pay $100 less and I was going to have to do 3x the work. I contacted him and told him I could not do it for $50 a car and the guy got mad. I tried to explain that I have to do the same work on all 3 cars and my work is worth what I charge and I didn't feel it was fair to my other clients that pay me full price... Should i have done the work? Keep in mind he was going to be a pain in the butt. What do you guys offer?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Discounts???

probably a good one to walk away from.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way i would polish and wax 3 cars for 150. Maybe an in and out clean on each, and only if the interiors just needed a quick once over.

Post Thanks / Like

That is insane, if you know what you're doing you shouldn't polish and wax 1 car for $150, let alone 3. That guy was a cheapa$$ and would have never been happy no matter how good of a job you did. It's not worth your time or stress to try and make people like that happy. Tell him to go to the local car wash if he wants to pay those prices.

Post Thanks / Like

When I first read this, I thought you meant $150 for each car....lol. Until I saw the part about $50 a car. No way would I do that for 3 cars....

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to add to my post that obviously I understand offering a break in price if you are doing multiple cars, especially if you can knock out more than one in a day (like if they are both just wash and waxes) but you can't sell yourself short. You have to charge what you feel you are worth. That is all assuming you have the experience to warrant the prices.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

$50 per car is REALLY LOW BUT, you did offer to do that job for that price and you and he agreed to the price...can't say I blame the guy for getting upset. You may have to eat this one...unless you really do not want the business and your reputation will not be adversely impacted.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had people call me and ask me to do work for a super low price and I just refer them to the local gas station car wash. I do give discounts to police fire fighters military and multi car discount if the are not getting paint corrections.

And if you are mobile I would charge a fuel charge after x amount of miles from your house.

Post Thanks / Like

My entry level polish package goes for $180 per sedan- or should I say that that is the starting price for a quick 45-60 min polish job with all the other full detail services. Additional polishing time requires more money. Depending on the condition of the vehicles, if I have 3 cars from the same person I dont mind offering a discount of 15-20% but thats all. My wash wax services start at $60. If you're washing, waxing and polishing for just $50 per vehicleI would highly encourage you to get an AIO wax to help redeem your situation somewhat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is real cheap. I do this as hobby the first car I ever polished that was not my car I charged $80. As I got better and got more knowledge and saw how much work goes into the job I increase the price.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast