autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Newspaper Advertising?

I'm about to make a short newspaper classified ad, it would just be 4 lines. Like this:

Private Mobile Auto Detailing (XXX)-XXX-XXXX
    We Come to you! High-end buffing/paint correction,
    interior and exterior detailing.
    www .BrillianceMobileDetailing.com

its $25 for the ad, and will be in the paper which goes to a "richer" part of my town. have any of you had experience with newspaper ads? how well do they attract business? is there a different way of advertising that you recommend?

thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newspaper Advertising?

Try it. The most you have to lose is $25 if you pick up one customer it was worth it. You will be better off offering a wash and wax type of detail. Most people don't even know what paint correction is. Everyone is looking for nice clean shiny cars this time of year. I was just looking at your website why don't' you run a special in your newspaper add and do your express complete detail and instead of doing a spray wax do a real wax for $99 instead of the $80 you normally charge. That way the customer gets a clean shiny car inside and out with a nice coat of wax for under $100. Check out my express detail on my site.$100 cars $125 Anything bigger This service keeps me busy. If someone needs stains removed, carpet cleaned or leather cleaned gives me an opportunity to make even more when I'm there.

Post Thanks / Like

For $25 I would go for it. Personally I don't think you will get much, if any, response, but for $25 it's worth the risk. If I were going to do print advertising I would try to get into a club newsleter (like a golf course or country club) instead of a regualr public newspaper. I thin people who are part of a club or group would be more inclined to use a service that advertised in their private newsletter/newspaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes try it but... The thing w/ newspapers, pennysaver & advertising/marketing in general is consistency. As I've stated in another post, one ad one time will probably not produce the results you are looking for.

Is this a weekly or daily paper? Is it a classified ad? I would suggest to run the ad weekly, say every Thurs or whenever the paper comes out if it's a circular, for 6-8 weeks minimum. They probably have a discounted rate for longer commitments like that. And as rustytruck said, put some kind of incentive in there.

I know, all this for one little $25 ad right? I get a little nuts w/ marketing stuff so I'll stop here. Let us know how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Do it with no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO if your going after clients that have had detailing done before that is good...otherwise are regular people going to understand paint correction. I'm sure they know their paint doesn't look like it did on the showroom floor when they bought it new. Maybe your paint restored to that showroom shine?? I'm new to detailing so just trying to think like an average joe reading that. Again this is just my very humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    IMO if your going after clients that have had detailing done before that is good...otherwise are regular people going to understand paint correction. I'm sure they know their paint doesn't look like it did on the showroom floor when they bought it new. Maybe your paint restored to that showroom shine?? I'm new to detailing so just trying to think like an average joe reading that. Again this is just my very humble opinion.

Pretty much true, good observations.
    I think the average car owner will say " gee nothing wrong with my paint why correct it? "

Offering the benefit of " paint restored to a showroom shine" is something everyone can relate to, even a person who has prior detailing experiences..

As they say, the bottom line is"what's in it for me ?"
    2013 Infinity JX35 White Pearl, 2009 BMW 528XI White
    1969 Primrose Yellow 4.2 XKE
    2002 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 7.3

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe even make that your opening line to grab their attention. "Make your car look showroom new again" Then go into professional buffing, etc.