autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the real money in lower end detailing??

What does the gal at the hair salon do? She adds water, adds shampoo, rubs your head with her fingers, then rinses! BOOM she shampoo'd your head with just her hands! =)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motoo344 View Post
    I am behind where I wanted to be in my life.
    Good for you.

People who are where they want to be in life are done. They are no longer hungry. They are no longer clawing, working, scratching, hoping to be better. A better friend, a better person, to better their skills, better their job, better their impact in the world; whatever is important to them.

Nothing wrong with being proud of where you are, but the only way you'll ever get any better is if you aren't there yet. I, for one, will always be behind where I want to get in life; because there's nothing more to learn at the finish line. I am very happy and blessed to be where I am, but there will always be somewhere else to go. And I'm not talking about better jobs or more money; that's often a fruitless fight. But becoming a better person, even little things like improving skills and my knowledge of things; whether it's knowledge of the world or just how to wash my car!

Like the old parable of the fox and the rabbit; which would win in a race? The rabbit every time, because the fox is running for his dinner, but the rabbit is running for his life!
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
    Good for you.

People who are where they want to be in life are done. They are no longer hungry. They are no longer clawing, working, scratching, hoping to be better. A better friend, a better person, to better their skills, better their job, better their impact in the world; whatever is important to them.

Nothing wrong with being proud of where you are, but the only way you'll ever get any better is if you aren't there yet. I, for one, will always be behind where I want to get in life; because there's nothing more to learn at the finish line. I am very happy and blessed to be where I am, but there will always be somewhere else to go. And I'm not talking about better jobs or more money; that's often a fruitless fight. But becoming a better person, even little things like improving skills and my knowledge of things; whether it's knowledge of the world or just how to wash my car!

Like the old parable of the fox and the rabbit; which would win in a race? The rabbit every time, because the fox is running for his dinner, but the rabbit is running for his life!

Well played, this is a good attitude to have right here. I need to start doing more of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
    Good for you.

awesome.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    What does the gal at the hair salon do? She adds water, adds shampoo, rubs your head with her fingers, then rinses! BOOM she shampoo'd your head with just her hands! =)

Hands

Shampoo

Sink

Running Water

Sprayer

Water Heater

Reclining Chair

Roof

Front Door

Receptionist

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Hands

Shampoo

Sink

Running Water

Sprayer

Water Heater

Reclining Chair

Roof

Front Door

Receptionist
    I think we're getting a little pedantic here. I think the point was, there ARE people who are willing to pay for basic service with basic tools, because they aren't willing to do the work themselves. That's really a big chunk of detailing customers, I'm sure. I'm sure some just come to detail their car before they sell it, but I'm sure there are a lot of pros who see high end cars on a regular basis for expensive paint corrections. Seeing what some guys charge for paint correction, it's almost cheaper to buy most of the equipment than it is to hire someone to do it. Fact is, some people are still not willing. Even a simple job that only requires simple tools and skills. I don't need a receptionist to wash my own hair. Heck, I've paid neighborhood kids to mow my lawn in the past because I was busy and didn't have time to do it. I already have a mower! But I paid someone else to do work I was capable AND equipped to do, but unwilling. A customer is a customer!

So if he's upfront that this is a basic vac-n-wipe type of service, and he's not advertising deep cleaning or stain removal (and he isn't, he said so), then what's the problem? If the customer is happy, and is aware of the level of service they are getting; then he's doing everything he needs to do to be successful; making the customer happy and making the customer come back.
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Point was, she used more than her hands.

You can wash a car with a kitchen rag, dish soap and a hose.

In my opinion no one can detail anything using only these three tools.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789