autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Steamer to buy

I have been looking at getting a steamer but not sure which to get leaning towards the McCulloch MC-1275, but the Wagner looks pretty good in the reviews as well. I know the vapor cleaners are supposed to be better, just not wanting to spend that much right now unless I will regret not doing it from the time I start the cheaper units.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Steamer to buy

looks like you and I had the same thing on our minds today...because I been research them all day. I think I am going to get the Wagner 915. I just really want to see it in action. There are some video's on the 905 (the previous model), so I'm thinking its like that one, if not better.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

First post so MMace911. I am also looking for a cheaper, but effective steam cleaner. My research so far has me in the McCulloch 1275 camp. I will look at the Wagner but I don't have a lot of confidence in Wagner products.

Post Thanks / Like

Aw snap!!! I wasn't paying attention. Welcome to the forum!!!
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
    First post so MMace911. I am also looking for a cheaper, but effective steam cleaner. My research so far has me in the McCulloch 1275 camp. I will look at the Wagner but I don't have a lot of confidence in Wagner products.

Upon my research today, everyone was saying they had a Wagner and loved it. Let me see if I can find the thread that was quoted.

Here's the link:Great Indoors: Examples of Vehicle Interior Detailing by AutoLavish
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO the 915 is not worth the time and effort! I have one workrd great for a month......then the steam tube inside the handle split and now it dosen't work worth a crap and My stupid self did not get the extended warranty so now I'm stuck and looking for something to replace it.....I want the vx5000 but the funds are not there for it!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Dang for real?! That sucks.
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

I've been lurking on autogeek.net for the better part of the year so here's my first posting.

I have the Wagner 905 which is identical to the McCulloch MC-1275. It offers 41psi at the tip and 212° in the tank, according to Wagner's tech support. I've used it on my car and in my home testing its effectiveness in cleaning/detailing. It's just OK. The 905 has two controls: power on/off; steam on/off. It makes wet steam which is leading me to consider a "real" steamer, like the VX5000 or the Vapor Clean Pro 6. I know the price difference is considerable (I can buy 6 Wagner 905's vs 1 VX5000) but the price has to be a secondary reason to buy such a device. How it's intended to be used and what is the quality of the unit and steam produced is more important to me.

In retrospect, buying a low-cost steamer that does not provide what I need (dry steam, higher PSI, greater flexibility and build quality) is simply an economic experiment. If you're serious in using steam in detailing a customer's car, which is a growing trend, get the best you can afford. After considerable research and Renny Doyle's emphatic recommendation, I'm going to buy the VX5000 soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently have the McCulloch MC-1275 and I love it. I have used it for many full details and it hasnt missed a beat. I am eventually going to purchase the VX-5000 but why buy a new one if this one aint broke lol. The one thing I like about it is that is came with tons of brush tips and accesories. If I am not mistaken both of the steamers are nearly identical and are made by SteamFast.

I only use the steamer for cleaning doors and leather seats. I use a mytee extractor for carpets. It might take some time cleaning the carpets with these units IMO.
    Roland

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for that response!!! and Welcome to the forum!!! I'll have to look into the other steamers that you suggested. Right now I'm trying to ramp up for my side car detailing business. I wanted something that would really clean door jams and panels. I've seen some disgusting panels and wanted to get a fairly decent steamer to help clean them.
    Alex

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast