autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: (Mobile Guys) Rain polices an maintenance wash scheduling?

I have seen many people liked up at a drive through wash and either getting ready to rain or very high probability within 24 hrs.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I am very very small, but I do go to friend's houses to wash their cars. I base my business off the weather. I can only work on the weekends, so I check the weather and as long as the next day or two at least are clear then I will do the details and washes.
    From PA, just outside of Philadelphia.
    Still new to the game. Hobby Detailer. General car lover, but a huge Toyota enthusiast!!
    Looking forward to always learning!

Post Thanks / Like

first off, congrats on getting people on a routine maintenance schedule. That is where consistent money is. with a full time job I'm usually booked for full details on the weekend and therefore haven't really gotten people on a maintenance schedule (just not enough hours in the day)

I'd be interested as to some of you prices on the maintenance package and what it entails if you don't mind commenting.

regarding your questions, I think you can't re arrange your whole schedule based on a rainout. At some point either the customer is paying a little more for 2 washes in a short amount of time once you reschedule (not really fair to them) or you bite the bullet, lose that wash, and go back to the normal schedule (so the vehicle gets maintained in 4 weeks instead of 2, then you continue with 2 week maintenance)

Your best case scenario is to do all you can to squeeze the rescheduled maintenance washes into your schedule within 2-3 days of that original rained out service. so everyone sticks to the schedule and there is only a couple days difference between washes. take a nap on the rain day and put in a long one when the sun comes out.

In my opinion, putting myself in customers shoes... if i'm willing to pay for the service every 14 days.... if its repeated in 10-14 days on occasion due to rain thats acceptable. But if you're here today and back 8 days from now because it rained and this is how it worked out then that I have an issue with.

hope that makes some sense
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12