autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carmax Ad

Post Thanks / Like

Carmax Ad

"If people are telling you that you have one of the cleanest, well kept vehicles in your neighborhood, chances are you enjoy doing it! How would you like to get paid for doing what you enjoy? But that's not all. At most CarMax locations, you would be working in an "air conditioned" service shop with other great team members!

Detailer responsibilities include washing, waxing, & buffing vehicles, as well as overall the reconditioning of our vast inventory of vehicles.
    "

I read that first line, and said to myself, yeah thats me! I wonder what they pay. I have been on a Carmax lot before and I can tell you, the cars were barely clean half the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carmax Ad

LOL....This is an example of a car done by Carmax!

Pics are taken from a CTS prior to being detailed "correctly" by Bryan at Peachstate Detail LLC.

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what Carmax did to my car. When I first saw the car it was indeed filthy. And the day I picked it up they washed it and it was a sunny day. So when I was walking up to it I just saw hologram galore!

Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

carmax does not properly train thier detailers and does not allow enough time so those pictures that have been posted is a typical carmax car buff job.

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot wrap my head around why these companies even bother "buffing" cars. They obviously are not doing it for swirl or hologram removal. All they do is put those in, not remove them.

Why dont they just put a coat of wax on and call it a day.
    Jacob

Super Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is So Cal, Carmax starts detailers at $12 an hour.

Post Thanks / Like

I could not find myself working under any kind of dealership. To them time is money and the faster you go and the more cars you finish the better for them. I take too much pride in my work. I would rather it take twice as long and have a phenominal final result then to rush through it and do crappy work.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I purchased my car from Carmax, and found a box of crayola crayons under one seat, and some soggy cheetos under a floor mat.

I complained after they called to see how I was "enjoying my carmax vehicle", after I told them, they said I could bring it in and they would make sure it got vacuumed out correctly.....I passed on their offer.

Post Thanks / Like

They are blasting this all over the radio here in TN too lol! I wanted to go in and apply under the name B & B Detailing but under the salary wanted column put 500,000 a year lol. Wonder if that would work?!?!?!
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Fresno carmax started me at $10.00hr,after your probation period and if you pass their tests you get upped to $14.00hr.Each station is 28minutes. wash/clay=28min,interior 2guys=28min,wet sand/polish=28min,wax/tire dressing 28=min.Our work never semed that bad but the purchasers never bought cars that needed alot of work either so we could get them on the lot faster.The work seems to have fallen off quite a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast