autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Add $10 for Trucks/SUV's.....

I see this mistake often. If $10 is all your going to bump the price why even bother?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Add $10 for Trucks/SUV's.....

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I see this mistake often. If $10 is all your going to bump the price why even bother?
    i quote each car individual , standard is 20 more for small suv , 40 for trucks /large suv , and if soiled in or out another min 20. if extractor is used add 50
    for wash/clean up an 30/hour , and for polish from 45-65/hour , is how i quote cars...
    95% my math time /$ in the process is right , there are some errors when i estimate a shorter time , usually cars i quote without seeing them, but i stop doing that.

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    i quote each car individual , standard is 20 more for small suv , 40 for trucks /large suv , and if soiled in or out another min 20. if extractor is used add 50
    for wash/clean up an 30/hour , and for polish from 45-65/hour , is how i quote cars...
    95% my math time /$ in the process is right , there are some errors when i estimate a shorter time , usually cars i quote without seeing them, but i stop doing that.
    The way your doing it is the only way to be profitable
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Super Member Joe@Superior Shine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a car wash in town that advertises - "$12 carwash (trucks and SUVs $1 extra) No kidding! LOL!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@Superior Shine View Post
    There is a car wash in town that advertises - "$12 carwash (trucks and SUVs $1 extra) No kidding! LOL!!

they should have: extra swirls for increase gloss , add $2 , i bet they will have clients )))
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Thats a pretty good pricing layout, I'll need to take note of that!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the $10 extra is figured at "minimum wage person for one extra hour" which could be reasonable if your market is "car wash +" type jobs.

I figure it based on my desired hourly wage after healthy supply allowances and (fingers crossed) have hit it on most jobs to date.

Not quoting jobs sight unseen is very good advice that has seemed unusual to some new customers but saved my hide several times.
    Mike at www.GreatReflections.biz
    Vancouver, WA's convenient Mobile Detailer comes to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@Superior Shine View Post
    Your guy must have kin folk here. I saw a guys price sheet one time that broke down everything a la carte. He had Tire Shine .50 cents pr.tire

Yeah man, just dress the tires on the drivers side

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yeah man, just dress the tires on the drivers side
    now that`s part of their marketing )))
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

LOL... You guys crack me up!

As a newbie, I am slightly conflicted as I need to establish a client base, build a portfolio (*hopefully one like Cosmin's) and 'get my foot in the door' so to speak.

However, if there is one thing that upsets me is when a hourly or salaried guy/gal jumps into a business without any form of business knowledge, vision, or common courtesy for the established tradesman they'll be competing against. This has happened to me for years in other small businesses I owned/operated. THose selling themselves short really didn't effect my business specifically, but it still aggravated me as it created a 'sub-standard' expectation from some clients that I was quick turn away!

While, I am a newbie and currently a bit overwhelmed by all the products, tools, techniques, variables in pricing, etc...

Respectively, I understand time is money! -Thus rather than waste my time or ruin the industry by under-selling services, I am still doing my homework, hopeful to create respectful pricing margins.

With a little luck, I can maintain the respect of the professional mobile detailers in my area, provide quality services to a wide range of clients (*production and show car - as Mike refers) and maintain a pricing ratio equal to or greater than those charging sub-standard pricing and performing 1/2 @$$ work.

Heck, I aim to average $35 hr (min)... so if it's a 'fixed location' and we; (my son and I) can crank out 2-3 cars per hour on average, $25 for a quick inside/out can be profitable... but if I have to drive to the client, $60 - $75 min charge, and that's with the hope I can upsell them another service or maintenance plan.

One thing's for sure tho, being the new guy sucks...lol!