autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Improving the bottom line

4 Week NON-PAYED Auto Detail Apprentice Program

Probably a good way to make money detailing-free labor. I am not endorsing or approving this- just putting it out there. Make your own decisions.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Improving the bottom line

250-500 a week? really?

Post Thanks / Like

They don't open till 10:00am?!?!?!?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

This ad has a Paul Harvey...The Rest of the Story thing going on if you look past the ad itself...
    VT
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a scam. I've been in this area for 20 years and never heard of them. I've heard of plenty of high end mobile detailers, but not these guys. Not to mention posting on craigslist may be the least professional way to market yourself, short of throwing cards out your window while you drive down the road. Just my .02.

Post Thanks / Like

Is a full time business. Mobile detailers must be on th job at 7 am I believe. Shop employess may have different report time.
    VT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Sounds like a scam. I've been in this area for 20 years and never heard of them. I've heard of plenty of high end mobile detailers, but not these guys. Not to mention posting on craigslist may be the least professional way to market yourself, short of throwing cards out your window while you drive down the road. Just my .02.
    I'm certain that you have seen their vans before, even though they work mainly in PG & Mont. counties.
    Last edited by Vegas Transplant; 02-14-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    VT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Sounds like someone needs to renew their subscription to Black Enterprise Magazine
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    4 Week NON-PAYED Auto Detail Apprentice Program

Probably a good way to make money detailing-free labor. I am not endorsing or approving this- just putting it out there. Make your own decisions.
    -WOW...Thanks, VT, for bringing this into the open.
    This has got to be one of the most short-term apprenticeship program in the nation!!

-Wonder if they will be handing out Journeyman Cards??

TO WIT:

TITLE(s): AUTOMOBILE DETAILER (Automotive Service.)
    DOT Number: 915.687-034

Just think...After 4 (four) weeks, being "fully trained"....And...

For: $250-$500 a week...$6500-$13,000 a year, they're supposed to be able to do this:

-A Journeyman Automobile Detailer/Automotive Service Job Description (per: DOT):

Cleans and refurbishes new and used automobiles, performing any combination of following duties: Washes vehicle exterior to clean cars, using cleaning solution, water, cloths, and brushes. Applies wax to auto body, and wipes or buffs surfaces to protect surfaces and preserve shine, using cloth or buffing machine. Vacuums interiors of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris, using vacuum cleaner. Cleans upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices. Applies revitalizers and preservatives to vinyl or leather surfaces, and treats fabrics with spot and stain resistant chemicals to preserve and protect interior components. Cleans engine and engine compartment with steam cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents to remove grease and grime. Applies special purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which do not respond to normal cleaning procedures, utilizing experience and following recommendations of product manufacturer. Paints engine components and related parts, using spray gun or aerosol can and masking material. Applies paint to chipped body surfaces of vehicle, using container of touchup paint. Applies dyes and reconditioning chemical to vinyl tops of vehicle to restore color and condition.

-Not too much to learn in 4 short weeks....Yikes!!!

-I agree with you VT...Good way for "The Company" to obtain free labor...And they get to write-off the "training-funds"...To boot!!! Good gig, for them, I would say.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    I'm certain that you have seen their vans before, even though they work mainly in PG & Mont. counties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Sounds like someone needs to renew their subscription to Black Enterprise Magazine
    OK, these two posts are the reasons I've never seen them. Not too worried about them stealing my customers. I still believe that it's a scam.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast