autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Adwords

Post Thanks / Like

Google Adwords

Pay-per-click exposes small shops to big audiences.
    Detailers hate advertising because they operate on such thin budgets, but you’ll notice one thing: the shops that stay in business–year after year–advertise the most. The “old way” favored the big shops: $4500 phone book ad kept you front and center, year after year. Who ever looked at the “basic” entries? But Google Adwords now sells the king’s seat–”front and center” on the first page of their search engine, for $1-$2 a click.

How Adwords works for a small Colorado detailer.
    Allan Schlepp runs Pro Mobile Detail in Front Range, CO part-time. He bought my course in early 2010 and quickly set up a Google Adwords campaign. He pays around $1 a click to show his ad when people search for these terms:

detailing, auto detailing, car detailing, mobile detailing, mobile auto detailing, mobile car detailing

In these cities:
    Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, LIttleton, Englewood, Lakewood, Denver, Wheatridge, Arvada Westminster

On average, Allan says he gets a job for every 40 clicks.

The math: spend $40 to make $110.
    40 clicks/job x $1/click = $40 advertising cost per job.

Average profit per job before advertising: $150 (it’s rural Colorado).

Therefore, his net profit is $150 – $40 = $110 per job. Not all jobs are full details: some interior-only, some exterior-only jobs that take 4 hours including driving. And importantly, let’s recognize the value of a new customer. About 25% will use him again ($150 profit the next time). About 15% will refer him ($150 profit there).

So, for Allan, a mobile detailer in a rural area, Google AdWords makes his business possible.

Anybody here use Adwords? Your experiences?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Google Adwords

Adwords are great for certian cliches. Detailing would not be one of them. With adwords on your page it will show the customers the competition and not focus on your service.

As for the advertising on of adwords google is always a plus aslong as you do it right. it can pay off in the long run. Keyword bidding can be costly but can make some serious cash. Its like stocks. Make sure to know what your doing.

Post Thanks / Like

I for one would rather pay an outside company to monitor my online presence. I just got with a company who boosted me right up to the top 5 in my area.

They also monitor my reputation, play with google to ensure I'm always staying up in the searches, and they do the same thing with every other popular search engine.

I started getting more phone calls almost immediately. I've been impressed so far...they are absolutely helping me get TONS of hits, and calls.

I tried playing with Google Adwords, and it's just too much for me. To make it work, you really have to be dialed in to their system. I don't have time for that.

Should be an interesting year. I'm having an insane February already, and it's not even nice out yet.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    I for one would rather pay an outside company to monitor my online presence. I just got with a company who boosted me right up to the top 5 in my area.

They also monitor my reputation, play with google to ensure I'm always staying up in the searches, and they do the same thing with every other popular search engine.

I started getting more phone calls almost immediately. I've been impressed so far...they are absolutely helping me get TONS of hits, and calls.

I tried playing with Google Adwords, and it's just too much for me. To make it work, you really have to be dialed in to their system. I don't have time for that.

Should be an interesting year. I'm having an insane February already, and it's not even nice out yet.
    Mind telling who you are using?

Post Thanks / Like
    And cost, if you don't mind.

I have a coffee website, but have never seen instant results like you mentioned with SEO companies.

Thanks

p@

Post Thanks / Like

SEO companies are extremely expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

i never paid for a google adword ever. thank heavens for "link building" google has recently started calling me from strange area code numbers offering to build me a website etc. etc. ive been getting calls for about a year now, not sure whats up with that but thank you google for all that youve done for me so far (for free).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coop0589 View Post
    Not Kirstoffer, but FWIW one company quoted me $300/mo for a year and guarantees #1 or #2 for the chosen search terms.

Company 2 quoted me $100 per hour and says it takes 3 them 3-6 hours to start seeing results and occasional 'care and feeding' after that to maintain. They also suggested that small/micro businesses could accomplish much by studying Google Insight and Google Anaytics, incorporating that info into the first page of their website. And then they paid me to detail the two owner's cars.

Try Googling SEO+<your city> for local options and call around.
    Mike at www.GreatReflections.biz
    Vancouver, WA's convenient Mobile Detailer comes to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coop0589 View Post
    The company I've been working with is 29 Prime. I've only been trying them for a short while...but I've been pleased cause my phone has been ringing non stop!

The great thing about them...is that IME, they've been the cheapest by far. They also appear to do what they say they're going to do...which is monitor your online presence, and be sure you are popping up as high as possible.

They've had me in AT LEAST the second slot in searches on all the popular engines for my area.

Another good thing...is that there's no contract. You can stop their service at any time, so there's not much risk to trying. I really liked that.

I had another company called AdZoo trying to do the same thing for $500 a month. They also wanted to lock me in for 6 months. I could not fathom even attempting that. It just doesn't make sense on a business stand point.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast