autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

My new car wash and detailing business

I am from Malaysia and my cousin is a distributor on a Taiwanese brushless car washing machine, well basically it is a machine which can move and spray a powerful sprinkle along the car after wash, applying liquid wax and air dry to 60% in less than 2 minutes. So basically we hire workers to wash the car before entering the machine, equipped with 4 powerful spray gun , shampoo foam sprayers, and couples of washmitts.

We charge about RM5 per normal car (about USD 1.70) and also RM5 for interior cleaning (basically vacuuming, dashboard cleaning with cloths, tyre dressing, and window cleaning.) 2 months since opening we gets about 100 cars during weekdays and about 250 during weekends, which I think is encouraging.

Now on the exterior detailing part, we charge about USD 30 to USD 40 for quick wax which involve some minor scratches touch up, clay, and wax with air powered ROB.

But I am thinking of bringing up the detailing standard by offering full detailing process, which involving wash, interior cleaning, clay, ROB or RB with light compound by using cutting or polishing pads, RB on fine polish on ROB with finishing pad, and wax with ROB as the final steps, after that apply some rubber/plastic portection to get rid of some residues. I would charge about USD 80 to USD 120 depending on the paint condition.

But I am not sure if the full detailing steps are adequate, do you guys have any comment on the process?

Regards
    Kim

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new car wash and detailing business

Quote Originally Posted by kimtt View Post
    I am from Malaysia and my cousin is a distributor on a Taiwanese brushless car washing machine, well basically it is a machine which can move and spray a powerful sprinkle along the car after wash, applying liquid wax and air dry to 60% in less than 2 minutes. So basically we hire workers to wash the car before entering the machine, equipped with 4 powerful spray gun , shampoo foam sprayers, and couples of washmitts.

We charge about RM5 per normal car (about USD 1.70) and also RM5 for interior cleaning (basically vacuuming, dashboard cleaning with cloths, tyre dressing, and window cleaning.) 2 months since opening we gets about 100 cars during weekdays and about 250 during weekends, which I think is encouraging.

Now on the exterior detailing part, we charge about USD 30 to USD 40 for quick wax which involve some minor scratches touch up, clay, and wax with air powered ROB.

But I am thinking of bringing up the detailing standard by offering full detailing process, which involving wash, interior cleaning, clay, ROB or RB with light compound by using cutting or polishing pads, RB on fine polish on ROB with finishing pad, and wax with ROB as the final steps, after that apply some rubber/plastic portection to get rid of some residues. I would charge about USD 80 to USD 120 depending on the paint condition.

But I am not sure if the full detailing steps are adequate, do you guys have any comment on the process?

Regards
    Kim
    My suggestion is to start offering some of these new services and then start weighing the pros and cons of...how much time to complete tasks? how much space is needed to park the vehicle for that duration? cost and profit margin? and so on.

Post Thanks / Like

The only significant cost would be the products used, wages are dirt cheap here a full time 12 hours worker cost us usd 7 per day.
    My only concerns will be the quality of the work we can deliver based on my planned process, I expect a full detailing job will takes around 2 to 3 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello fellow production detailer in Malaysia