autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Living Social = Living Nightmare

Hi all,

I'm not a pro. But the conversation is very interesting and all the different opinions seem to be educated ones.

I do think though that the mindset of the customer and the reasons that will choose a LS special is directly connected with the reasons any detailer might have, in order to initiate an LS special.

The customer might think : Would like to try the service since the price is good.

The detailed might think : I advertise the quality of my work and my business in an effort to get more clients.

But in my mind these are only assumptions and estimations, unless someone can get some organized feedback from that specific LS client base. Maybe in the form of a brief questionnaire. I let you figure out what the top 5 important questions are for your business and the specific service you re offering.

Then we have a pretty good idea what the clients think and based on that we can definitely judge better if it works for us or how we can make it works for us even better.

Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Living Social = Living Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Theostoubos View Post
    Hi all,

I'm not a pro. But the conversation is very interesting and all the different opinions seem to be educated ones.

I do think though that the mindset of the customer and the reasons that will choose a LS special is directly connected with the reasons any detailer might have, in order to initiate an LS special.

The customer might think : Would like to try the service since the price is good.

The detailed might think : I advertise the quality of my work and my business in an effort to get more clients.

But in my mind these are only assumptions and estimations, unless someone can get some organized feedback from that specific LS client base. Maybe in the form of a brief questionnaire. I let you figure out what the top 5 important questions are for your business and the specific service you re offering.

Then we have a pretty good idea what the clients think and based on that we can definitely judge better if it works for us or how we can make it works for us even better.

Just a thought.
    I agree with you. Most the customers that come through with the LS coupons tell me that the price was "worth a try". Then, I end up with long time customers.

The thing that I feel most people who try LS do wrong...is that they offer something their regular customers would buy anyways. So when a regular customer sees the price at 50% off...they scoop up a coupon, and you lose out on money you would have otherwise received.

The trick is to offer something your regulars probably don't want. Most my customers get a full detail, or better. By offering a Wash & Wax, my regulars passed on the deal simply because they know it's less than what they want. Therefore, I kept the LS clients mainly to potentially new customers for myself.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678