autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Check it Out!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Check it Out!!

Check my website out I have videos...I use a watetless wash too.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel comfortable using the optima too.
    If you don't have 6G and want a small unit, check out nb2300 on youtube.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    I have a cheap McCulloch that serves me just fine. Paid $100 for it. All I use it for is interiors, and spot engine cleaning. Sometimes on rims if it's too cold out.

When it comes to cleaning an exterior though...forget it, ha.
    That's kinda what I'm looking for. I seen one similar at lowes today, $90 something. Had wheels, long hose, held .4 gallons and had quite a few atatchments. Do you use it on windows as well?

Also, my girlfriend has something similar to this,

It's been sitting in the closet for about 2 years. I tried it out, lots of lime buildup inside. Didn't work as well as I hoped it would. It may need to be cleaned out or just thrown out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    That's kinda what I'm looking for. I seen one similar at lowes today, $90 something. Had wheels, long hose, held .4 gallons and had quite a few atatchments. Do you use it on windows as well?

It's been sitting in the closet for about 2 years. I tried it out, lots of lime buildup inside. Didn't work as well as I hoped it would. It may need to be cleaned out or just thrown out.
    IMO the little handheld steamers would be useless for what we do. I mean outside of just loosening up a stain real quick, what would you use it for?

The $100 or so units are ok. It really depends what you want to do. For me, I don't wash with them...so it works.

I've done windows with it, but not actually DOING windows. If I'm using it on windows it's because someone has been smoking in the vehicle. It's great to break through nicotine. The heat alone will get the window clean enough so you can do it normally. Same goes for the vinyl, vent tunnels, upholstery, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post

It has lime in it because tap water was put into it. Tap water contains minerals which are left behind in the unit as the water is turned into steam. Steamers function worse and worse as tap water is used until finally they don't work anymore because they are clogged up with minerals.
    I made the mistake of using tap water in My H2o Mop. It worked great for 3-4 months then no more steam. I tried distilled white vinegar in it to clean it but it did nothing.

Only distilled water can be used in a steam cleaner. Otherwise it will be ruined. Distilled water is $1 a gallon at the store. Something to consider.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats one helluva steamer! You stepped up to the plate on that purchase

I have other ideas how you could make more money with it. I'll PM you tommorow with the details
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

The steamer even has a different hose that let's out 70% more steam...you thought it is bad now, check it out with the other hose attached!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    IMO the little handheld steamers would be useless for what we do. I mean outside of just loosening up a stain real quick, what would you use it for?

The $100 or so units are ok. It really depends what you want to do. For me, I don't wash with them...so it works.

I've done windows with it, but not actually DOING windows. If I'm using it on windows it's because someone has been smoking in the vehicle. It's great to break through nicotine. The heat alone will get the window clean enough so you can do it normally. Same goes for the vinyl, vent tunnels, upholstery, etc.
    Kris, I have yet to see a product work like steam and leave the window with the clarity steam does.

Post Thanks / Like

How is this better then a water or waterless wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Well its better than water bc it uses about 1-3 gallons per car. It's better than a waterless wash by itself bc it is one more thing to aid the removal of the dirt. One I can turn the moisture up and shot all the dirt off the car. After I get all the dirt off the car I'm left with a film. I spray a little waterless wash and proceed to clean it. The steam breaks the dirt down.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234