autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    opie_7afe

Re: Detailing price sheet/Detail Photos

so how is the work at the other detail shops? if its poor quality work why would you charge less for higher quality work then poor quality work? i would keep prices the way they are and put something on the pricelist saying "introductory pricing for our new shop, prices are to change without warning" or something to that effect so people know your prices are lower to get business up and then the people will see how well your work is and should be thinking " wow i paid xxx ammount for poor quality work and i was thinking i was going to be charged more then the other shops for this quality of work" then you have the type that want a whole detail for the price of a hand wash. if anything raise prices and give discounts certain days of the week for certain industries like for instance mondays active duty military get 10% off all services, tuesday doctors/nurses 10%off, wendsday service industry 10% off stuff like that will bring in customers because there getting a deal. also put some adds in paper and have something stating "bring in this add recieve 10% off all services" maybe print up some referral cards customers can hand out and the person who referred another person to you gets a discount and the person who was referred to you gets a discount also....one thing i can suggest to save your behind is certain cars don't hose down the engine bay, certain cars like jaguars don't like water in the engine bay. just use some damp towels and cleaner. if they request water to be introduced into engine bay make them sign a waiver stating it was their choice to get the engine hosed down and if any electronical problems result its on them....but thats just me i dont hose down engines, if i do introduce a spray of water under the hood its only on the painted areas to rinse stuff off like firewall and strut towers, rest of it i wipe by hand to be cautious. but thats just my method. i have a huge fear of messing up a car/trucks electrical system due to water, if it is requested i will bag up/tape up as many electrical connectors and parts as possible. good luck with your new shop!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I took other things in to consideration when I decided my prices, like products, my payout, my partners cute, etc. I run my detail business out of a shop on a car dealer’s lot. We have a contract and in that im covered through them to pick up, drop off, and do basic maintenance on customer’s vehicles. The dealership wanted me to do those services so they can bring more people through there lot. I get insured and they get a full service detail shop on site. I have done months of paperwork and meetings with lawyers to get to this point to make sure I’m covers in case of an accident. Thanks for the information and knowledge. I really appreciate it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    so how is the work at the other detail shops? if its poor quality work why would you charge less for higher quality work then poor quality work? i would keep prices the way they are and put something on the pricelist saying "introductory pricing for our new shop, prices are to change without warning" or something to that effect so people know your prices are lower to get business up and then the people will see how well your work is and should be thinking " wow i paid xxx ammount for poor quality work and i was thinking i was going to be charged more then the other shops for this quality of work" then you have the type that want a whole detail for the price of a hand wash. if anything raise prices and give discounts certain days of the week for certain industries like for instance mondays active duty military get 10% off all services, tuesday doctors/nurses 10%off, wendsday service industry 10% off stuff like that will bring in customers because there getting a deal. also put some adds in paper and have something stating "bring in this add recieve 10% off all services" maybe print up some referral cards customers can hand out and the person who referred another person to you gets a discount and the person who was referred to you gets a discount also....one thing i can suggest to save your behind is certain cars don't hose down the engine bay, certain cars like jaguars don't like water in the engine bay. just use some damp towels and cleaner. if they request water to be introduced into engine bay make them sign a waiver stating it was their choice to get the engine hosed down and if any electronical problems result its on them....but thats just me i dont hose down engines, if i do introduce a spray of water under the hood its only on the painted areas to rinse stuff off like firewall and strut towers, rest of it i wipe by hand to be cautious. but thats just my method. i have a huge fear of messing up a car/trucks electrical system due to water, if it is requested i will bag up/tape up as many electrical connectors and parts as possible. good luck with your new shop!
    I do weekly deals, and i offer 20% off first full detail. I am looking into putting some adds in the paper her in the next few weeks. I am the same way when it comes to engine bay cleaning. I will not use any water under the hood. I use a degreaser and some towels and brushes. I have heard to many stories about how someone messed up a car by spraying it down with water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12