autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: new detail truck 2011

Looks really good. I am just wondering about the water tank setup. How easy is it too get to for filling or maintenance? I was thinking about get a utility truck as well; gives me some ideas. Thanks
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunD View Post
    Looks really good. I am just wondering about the water tank setup. How easy is it too get to for filling or maintenance? I was thinking about get a utility truck as well; gives me some ideas. Thanks
    Nice. I wish I had something like that to do plumbing out of.

How's your gas mileage?

opie_7afe

not trying to speak for the OP but looks like he has a hinged lid for filling or its the hose that runs where the pressure washer/generator is stored but dont have a bung on it execept for a ball valve, but as i said lazy way would be float valve and an outside hose hook up like RV's have....ill shutup now and wait for the OP to respond with some answers, really sweet build,i hate driving a box truck, love the room but hate driving them.

Post Thanks / Like

After I saw this I got on ebay to look and I found one! But my van and trailer will work just fine!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a nice set up!

This is a pretty sweet idea:
    Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    looking good, an idea of what you could do for easier filling of the water tank is plumb in a line going to your water tank hooked up to a float valve and have a hose connection on the outside of the truck, then you hook up hose and the floatvalve will shut water off when it reaches a certain level, be much easier then having to move stuff just to fill up the tank. can put the float valve at a certain height so if you want it half full it will only be half full.can also plum the generator and pressure washers exhaust into the trucks exhaust system and will really quiet things up, but sadly the majority of the noise comes from the moving parts rather then the exhaust...but is looking good really professional looking.
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: new detail truck 2011

Looks really nice. If you get it wraped it will really stand out. I have a box trailer and not having a side door is a PITA!! You gotta let me know how you did the door I need one on my trailer.
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo
    "Like" us Facebook.com/AlchemyAutoDetail

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool setup!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    looking good, an idea of what you could do for easier filling of the water tank is plumb in a line going to your water tank hooked up to a float valve and have a hose connection on the outside of the truck, then you hook up hose and the floatvalve will shut water off when it reaches a certain level, be much easier then having to move stuff just to fill up the tank. can put the float valve at a certain height so if you want it half full it will only be half full.can also plum the generator and pressure washers exhaust into the trucks exhaust system and will really quiet things up, but sadly the majority of the noise comes from the moving parts rather then the exhaust...but is looking good really professional looking.
    Good advice on the float valve for water. That is how my truck-mounted carpet extractor is setup and it works great.

Get a "live garden hose reel" mounted and run into float valve. Live Water Garden Hose Reel with 100 ft by 3/8" Hose

You all can get a live pressure washer hose reel which is a huge time saver. Live 100-ft. Industrial Power Wash Reel

A live setup for the garden hose is already hooked into your tank and all you have to do is hook up to water source. You would mount the reel at the back of the van and have the hose ran into the tank with a float valve so you never have to crawl into van to fill it. The float valve would prevent it from over filling.

A live setup for the pressure washer hose is always plugged into your pressure washer and all you do is pull off what you need a start spraying. (of course you would need to connect your sprayer to the end with a Quick Disconnect).

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice setup, can't wait to see it completed. Any concern about the bottles that are hanging falling, or getting damaged when you hit bumps etc?
    Dave
    '00 Tropic Green SVT Contour \ #905 of 2150,
    '06 Grand Caravan SXT

Post Thanks / Like

more pics of the truck,,I use open the top to put water in the tank and if i dont want water in the tank i open the valve in and the water is gone..we just made the brackets for the genarator, just pull it out and its ready to use..my guy terry who help me build the truck desiged and built em, very cool...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new detail truck 2011-001-jpg   new detail truck 2011-002-jpg   new detail truck 2011-005-jpg   new detail truck 2011-006-jpg   new detail truck 2011-010-jpg   new detail truck 2011-012-jpg   new detail truck 2011-018-jpg   new detail truck 2011-015-jpg   new detail truck 2011-022-jpg   new detail truck 2011-007-jpg  

new detail truck 2011-023-jpg   new detail truck 2011-020-jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast