autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: advertising in a local paper, good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by jackwax View Post
    So you landed 15 jobs based off of a lie? Is this something you do often?
    So you think me telling people that they get a discount is shady business? I'd love to know what business school you went to, to learn that. If I had called everyone, including the person who won 50% off, and said they get 10% off thats one thing, but I didn't. Please go back to the hole that you crawled out of.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    So you think me telling people that they get a discount is shady business? I'd love to know what business school you went to, to learn that. If I had called everyone, including the person who won 50% off, and said they get 10% off thats one thing, but I didn't. Please go back to the hole that you crawled out of.
    According to your post noted below, you in fact called every person and told them they won 10% off. You stated a 50% off and 10% off, you did not however state multiple chances at 10% off. Sounds like you are having difficulties keeping track of yourself, whichever that may be.

Thanks. Another thing I did at a car show is raffle off a 50% coupon and 10% coupon. So I called the person the won the 50% and let them know. Then I called everyone else that entered and told them they won 10% off. I think I ended up getting 15 jobs from that show, and only had to give most people a 10% discount. Well worth it imo.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackwax View Post
    According to your post noted below, you in fact called every person and told them they won 10% off. You stated a 50% off and 10% off, you did not however state multiple chances at 10% off. Sounds like you are having difficulties keeping track of yourself, whichever that may be.
    So what is wrong with offering 10% off to everyone? I still gave the 50% off to the person that won. I didn't screw anyone over, I just offered everyone that entered a discount. I really don't know what your problem is buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

groupon?

i think im going to try groupon, anyone try it before?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: groupon?

Quote Originally Posted by ride5150 View Post
    Unless you are a volume shop it is a waste of time IMO. First you have to give 50% off the service. Then groupon takes 50% of what you make. So you are left with only 25% of what you would have charged for the service. Yes you can upsell some people, but not everyone will want anymore than they paid for. Also you will have to make sure you have the time and man power to fufil all the work. I've seen groupons from a small shop sell to 200 people and the guy couldn't handle it, and another one the guy would have had to work everyday for 6 months to finish them all and he wouldn't even have turned a profit. Just food for thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Crown Kote does groupon deals, have a talk with him
    MDetail (Mike/Michael)
    Canyon Country, CA (Valencia Area)
    MichaelSchoelen.com - Photography

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ride5150 View Post
    Unless you are a volume shop it is a waste of time IMO. First you have to give 50% off the service. Then groupon takes 50% of what you make. So you are left with only 25% of what you would have charged for the service. Yes you can upsell some people, but not everyone will want anymore than they paid for. Also you will have to make sure you have the time and man power to fufil all the work. I've seen groupons from a small shop sell to 200 people and the guy couldn't handle it, and another one the guy would have had to work everyday for 6 months to finish them all and he wouldn't even have turned a profit. Just food for thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDetail View Post
    Crown Kote does groupon deals, have a talk with him
    Yes I did do a Groupon and it has been wildly successful! I sld 145 of them for my level one package... I will post a few links to look over so I don't have to spend 3 hours typing it up again... These links are my posts and I have set them with just the direct post for you guys... There are disadvantages to doing a Groupon but in my mind it is a great way to go about start up ads!

2006 Audi A8 L Lookin' Sexy!
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...g-coupons.html
    if you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I will do my best to answer... I do have another going out soon for the same deal... And they are starting up a thing called groupon now that will be introduced in a month or so but I can't say any more than that cause it is a beta...
    Galatians 6:17
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know it worked so well for you Chris!!! Do you do all the work by yourself, or have a small support staff? Either way great work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrownKote View Post
    Yes I did do a Groupon and it has been wildly successful! I sld 145 of them for my level one package... I will post a few links to look over so I don't have to spend 3 hours typing it up again... These links are my posts and I have set them with just the direct post for you guys... There are disadvantages to doing a Groupon but in my mind it is a great way to go about start up ads!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...g-coupons.html
    if you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I will do my best to answer... I do have another going out soon for the same deal... And they are starting up a thing called groupon now that will be introduced in a month or so but I can't say any more than that cause it is a beta...
    wow you sold 145 of them? i was thinking like 10-15 haha, just because im mobile and by myself. it would take me 145 days to do 145 cars. im most definately going to try to upsell once i get the customer, especially on a headlight restoration.

so they buy a groupon, and call you to make an appointment?

also, did your groupon just have one price? or did it give an option for different kinds of cars and increase with price? (coupe, sedan, SUV, etc)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast