autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Moving to a Toyota Tacoma for mobile detailing, help me build it!

I'm personally driving a Honda Pilot as a DD and also for mobile detailing for the moment (Lexus IS-F and GT-R on the weekends ). My brother is going to college soon and he'll probably take the Honda Pilot with him. I've been been looking into getting a truck for a while and I've narrowed it down to the 4dr Toyota Tacoma.

I'm pretty new to the truck world and I know there are TONS of truck bed cover out there (which is the first thing I'm going to purchase since it does rain once in a while in Houston and also avoiding theft). So I'll need your help on this.

Other than that, I'm also looking into exterior/interior mods, performance mods.

What are your takes on this vehicle?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Moving to a Toyota Tacoma for mobile detailing, help me build it!

Congrats on a very nice truck. I have a fiberglass cover on my truck, I like it but I dont carry much back there. A folding cover might be good for you. Easy on/off and easy to carry when not on the truck. Torza and Trifold make very nice covers. Also check CL, covers can be pricey new, and you may find a nice used one there. Good luck.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    well u say truck bed cover and to avoid theft so that leaves u to get a hard cover . that's the only way u gonna be able to lock it along with tailgate. soft cover u could just easily cut open with a knife. there r black hard covers that open by sections and removable and then u got fiberglass , paint to match covers . I do like to fully remove my cover so I can get bigger , taller items in bed, so I use a soft cover. I just don't leave anything in the bed to get stolen . as far as int ext mods and accessories and performance mods , now u talking. there is so much out there , what do u have in mind ? first would be wheels and tires, then some step bars , grille guard , there r lots of stainless and chrome add ons for mirrors , door handles, pillar trim, beltline trim , rocker panel trim , headlight and taillight upgrades. so much stuff. interior from stereo upgrade to dash panel trim, custom seat covers. per mods gotta start with exhaust, then look at cold air intake , throttle body spacer , hp power programmer . level lifts or suspension lifts, body lifts, bigger tires , may wanna change gears too ? I'll pm ya some websites

Post Thanks / Like

I would look into something like Peragon Retractable Truck Bed Covers: Aluminum, Powder Coated, Key Locking, All-Weather, Quality Truck Bed Tonneau Cover as its only a little more than a good trifold softtop but gives you security as well. As for other mods I would get step bars so you can get into and out of the bed better without scratching it, I would if it where me do a line-x type bed coating to keep stuff from sliding and not get the bed beat up.

As for other mods the only limiting factor is your pocket book. If its a work truck, doing more than rims/tires maybe overkill. If its your only car you may want to do more.

Either way /rant on/ TINT THE WINDOWS /rant off/

Post Thanks / Like

tuning in to see what shakes out here because a truck may be in my future as well. with the tacoma being a serious consideration

do you plan on carrying a water tank? generator? Is there enough room for that with a tacoma? thats my biggest interest in a truck. being 100% mobile and not relient on customers power / water

Post Thanks / Like

No, I'll be using the customer's water/power. I will be building a FULL mobile van down the road. For now, I need a semi mobile rig/daily driver.

i'm still shopping around for the truck! I'll keep you guys posted!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

did you ever end up buying the truck?

I may be looking to purchase a pickup also in the next couple months. my car was almost stolen last weekend so that is the final indication it's time to get rid of it.

curious to see just how much you can fit in the tacoma bed